kimbap ; bam bam

Bam Bam's POV

He sighed as he watched what a mess that he and both of his kids had managed to make of the kitchen, turning (Y/N)'s usually pristine, neat cooking space into something that looked like it came straight out from a war zone.

The table was beyond help, grains of rice, scattered haphazardly everywhere and the tub of kimchi which he had originally planned to use half of was now empty the sharp smell of the pickled vegetable permeating the air with its slightly vinegary scent.

Sheets of seaweed had been taken out and abandoned, his youngest was nibbling on one, her chubby face evidently pleased with the snack. His elder one on the other hand was busy trying to steal the already made kimbap which fortunately for Bam's foresight was put far far away where he couldn't reach it on his short little legs.

'Daddddd, I want some kimbap,' his 5 year old son whined, pulling on his dad's initially white apron which was now splattered with ingredients and in general quite filthy. The same could be said for his children. His daughter was giggling as she ate what was definitely more than her usual intake of seaweed, her small mouth smeared with flakes of the stuff and kimchi.

'This is for your mom, (S/N),' he said gently to his only son, stroking his cheek as he watched him pout, his thick lips similar to those of his father's while his mother's eyes stared up at him, begging silently.

'Doesn't mummy usually cook?' he asked curious. 'Why are we cooking today?'

'Well, we want to surprise your mommy cause she's been really tired these days and wouldn't it be nice for her to come home to some food?' he asked, persuading his son with the gentlest tone possible.

'Come on,' he chuckled taking his son by the hand, and carrying his daughter with the other. 'Let's get you cleaned up before mummy comes home okay?' he suggested, kissing his daughter's dark hair as she gurgled happily.

Your POV

You stood hands on your hips as the three culprits lined up in the living room, hands behind their backs, heads down low. Well, two of them anyway, (D/N), couldn't really stand yet, she could just toddle and she obviously didn't grasp the graveness of the situation because she was busy playing with her rattler.

'So, which of you did it?' you asked sternly, looking at both of them in turn.

'It was Daddy's idea!' (S/N) immediately shouted, completely throwing Bam Bam under the bus, as your husband looked up his face one of betrayal.

'But it was a good idea mummy,' your son continued, clearly trying to defend his father. 'Daddy said that you were really tired and he wanted to cook for you,' he grinned. 'Right Daddy?'

'Yes of course,' Bam Bam agreed, taking a step closer to you and kissing your forehead. 'You've been so busy love, and since the kids wanted to help,' he cut off shrugging.

You laughed, you couldn't stay mad at the two loves of your life for very long, it was impossible to hold a grudge on either of them. 'Fine, what did you make?' you asked this time curious, wondering monstrosity they had managed to concoct.

Your son, leapt up bounding towards the kitchen, followed closely behind by your husband, which still looked like a hurricane had ripped through it. Soon both of them came back your son, holding a plate carefully balanced on his hands as he showed it to you.

'Kimbap huh?' you grinned giving Bam Bam a knowing look. The food was symbolic to both of you, having eaten that on the first proper date Bam Bam had taken you out on. The first three hadn't counted because both of you were accompanied by his members. Taking one of the rolls, you popped it in your mouth savoring the salty savory flavor in your mouth for a while.

'Thank you,' you said to Bam Bam, who seemed slightly more relaxed now that you had cooled off a bit and seemed mollified when you pressed a kiss on his cheek.

'Did you like it Mummy? Did you? Did you?' your youngest asked the plate having been carefully placed on the dining table as he looked up at you his large brown, milk chocolate eyes, pleading.

'Of course you did, you little rascal although you just did just give me another hour's work in the kitchen,' you scolded softly, pinching his nose causing him to squeal.

'I'll help you,' Bam Bam quickly volunteered his hand in the air like a student wanting to be picked by the teacher in a classroom.

You laughed at his childishness, but in the end you nodded in agreement. 'Fine,' you laughed. 'But let's finish this off first shall we?' you grinned picking up the plate of kimbap.

As Bam Bam fed you while you took care of your youngest who was still as jovial as ever, he kissed you on the forehead. 'Sorry about the mess love,' he whispered and even after years of dating and eventually getting married, you still shivered when you heard the sound of his voice so near you, his breath tickling the back of your neck.

'It's okay,' you reassured, moving in to kiss him on the cheek again, but he moved his face slightly so your lips fell squarely on his.

'Not in front of the kids,' you giggled grateful that your son was busy eating not to notice.

'Later,' he grinned tucking a stray strand of hair behind your ear.

'Later,' you agreed.