promise ; 약속해요 // mark

A/N: It's been a while since I told you guys what's going on so here's a quick run-down of what's happening! 

1) I'll be CLOSING requests temporarily so that I can work on the part 2s for you guys 

2) So far the part 2s that I've confirmed to write are : journalist; jackson and dispatch; yugyeom, so if you guys have 2 other suggestions for any part 2s I should write, feel free to comment them below

3) I'll be posting all the current requests I have now (including a very long Jinyoung mafia au one) before I post the part 2s! 

Q: Do you know about the Britsih girl band Little Mix? 

A: Yes, I do actually and I do enjoy listening to some of their music and I think they're incredibly talented! I do listen to a few Western artists although K-POP is basically my religion :) 

* Drop me any questions you want me to answer! (KPOP, Preferences, Real life etc!)

.....................................................................................................................................

Requested by: izzybarr

Song Recommendation: for you ; bts 

................................................................................................................................................................

'You're WHAT?!' you screamed as Mark winced covering his ears with his hands, dark hair falling into his eyes.

'I'm leaving for Korea,' he huffed, throwing himself down on the edge of your bed, not caring that it was littered with a bunch of your clothes. He was as familiar with your bed as he was with his own, he had been coming over for group studies, video game sessions since both of you were old enough to say your first words and whenever his parents left the country on some important business thing, he would magically turn up at your doorstep with not a change of clothes on him, because he kept the little section of your cupboard well-stocked with at least 3 of his outfits.

Maybe it was a universal rule. Whoever was your next-door neighbour: guy, girl, alien, they would be your best friend for life, it was some sort of unwritten rule which was in the same category as the "never date one of your friends' exes" rule, it was unspoken but omnipotent and everyone knew it. And so Mark became the guy next door, which turned into both of you being best friends from elementary all the way to high school and the rest was history.

But suddenly he was hopping out of your life with a passing comment: 'I'm going to Korea.'

How did he expect you to handle that kind of bombshell when you had very recently come to terms with... well, that wasn't important now was it? Seeing as he was going to be flying to other side of the world.

'Why Korea?" you flopped onto bed beside him. There was no such thing as personal space when it came to you and Mark as you casually draped your leg against his.

When you were younger, you were far taller than him and you as children both of you would often compare how long your legs were as you laid down on top of the covers. Throughout middle school, you had the privilege of teasing him constantly, seeing as his legs were always just an inch or two shorter than yours. Then, high school and puberty happened and he shot up like a reed, suddenly he was towering over you and he had the nerve to call you short when he found out that, to his delight, you could no longer mess his carefully gelled hair as you always did when you were kids, so he retuned the favour by constantly ruffling your hair, whether it was on the way to school, in the hallway, suddenly you would feel a rough hand running through your hair and shaking it out of your ponytail, and then you would see his slender form turning a corner, bag bouncing against his shoulder and the faintest smirk on his face.