valentine ; youngjae

youngjae as boyfriend
.....................................................................
Happy Valentine's Day,' a soft melodious voice greeted your ear, as you got into the car, your boyfriend at the wheel as he leaned over to give you a quick peck on the cheek.

'I don't understand why they had to make you work,' he pouted, his lower lip jutting out in an adorable manner, he was clearly unsatisfied that he was only able to spend half the day with you.

'I'm sorry I had to cover for Eunha,' you laughed, holding the hand that wasn't on the steering wheel in an attempt to pacify him.

'But she doesn't have a boyfriend, she doesn't have plans on Valentine's Day,' Youngjae complained.

'Youngjae!' you laughed hitting his arm playfully. 'Don't tease her for being single. She just got ill and had to take emergency leave,' you explained.

You could tell that Youngjae was still the slightest bit put out and kissed his hand, rubbing little circles on the back of his hand, soothing him. 'Well, since half the day is gone, we might as well go home and have dinner,' you sighed watching the sun set and the stars slowly peep out.

'I was hoping to be able to treat you to dinner, but if you're too tired,' he said, trailing off his voice laced with disappointment.

'I'm fine Youngjae but I don't really want to spend the rest of the day with you in some noisy restaurant. I really just want to go home and spend some peace and quiet together,' you explained.

'Even with Coco barking incessesantly?' he joked, chuckling.

'Yes, even with that little piece of fluff running around barking her head off,' you sighed, you couldn't help but love Youngjae and Mark's shared dog, Coco even if she did sometimes sound like a machine gun. A very yippy, welping, barking machine gun.

'Well,' Youngjae started hesitantly before falling silent.

'What is it Youngjae?' you asked, turning around in your seat to look at him. Even with the dim light in the car, you could tell that he was blushing and purposely avoiding your eyes, by gluing them on the road.

'I sort of- prepared something for you,' he muttered and his face got even redder. 'It's in the glove compartment,' he said waving a hand, motioning for you to open it.

Terribly curious, wondering what in the world he had prepared for you, you opened the glove compartment of the car to reveal a single plain CD in a transparent case with Youngjae's familiar scrawl on it:

For: Y/N

Happy Valentine's Day

Carefully popping open the CD case, you glanced at him for permission to put in the CD player and he agreed with a slight nod of his head. Pushing the CD inside, you waited for a few seconds before delicate piano notes began tinkling out from the speakers.

Accompanying the music, you could hear the sound of someone clearing his throat before a sweet powerful voice you recognized belonging to Youngjae swept you off your feet. It was like he was singing right into your soul. As if he was encompassing all of his feelings towards you and they had blossomed into musical notes that made you shiver as he delivered them with so much emotion. The song seeped into your bones, into your very core, and you struggled to prevent tears from escaping your eyes as Youngjae's small gift to you ended with one final burst of exquisite notes that slowly fell into a pin-drop silence.

You thought that it had ended but Youngjae shushed you, putting a finger to your lips as he allowed the CD to continue playing.

'YAH YAH COCO,' you suddenly heard static and the clear voice of your boyfriend come out of the speakers.

'Sorry (Y/N) about that,' he giggled nervously and you could almost see him in your mind's eyes, shooing Coco away. 'Happy Valentine's Day (Y/N)!!' he screamed so loud you were so worried that your eardrums might explode.

'I'm sorry if this was all very sudden but I couldn't think of another aValentine gift to get for you and since I really wanted to let you know how I felt about you, I decided to compose a song that I had been playing around with for a while in my head. Anyway, I love you so much (Y/N) and I don't know what I would be without you. Thank you for being my Coco play partner, for taking care of me I was sick and for the endless love that you have given me everyday. I only hope that I can be someone who is deserving of that love and I want to prove it to you every single day. I love youu,' he ended the short sudio message by singing a line from his band's song.

You had not realized that the car had finally stopped at your small but homely apartment, that was how stunned you were with Youngjae's gift.

'I-I don't what to say,' you mutter, turning to Youngjae who looked as if he would very gladly like to burrow into the ground and die of shyness. 'I love it!' you squealed throwing your arms around him as he chuckled, patting your back. 'It was beautiful Youngjae,' you said, laying on his shoulder for a while, trying to etch those notes into your brain permanently.

'Only for you,' he whispered kissing you on the forehead. 'Happy Valentine's Day love,'