weird // 이상해 ; jb pt 2

'Jaebeom, the nurses have been telling me that you've barely been eating,' the doctor, adjusted the spectacles on the bridge of his nose, as he stared down at his patient, attempting to scrutinize him.

'And,' he flipped a paper on his stupid clipboard. 'You've rejected all visitors? Even your members?" he asked, peering down from the top of his spectacles.

'I'm fine doctor, just need some alone time,' JB said dully, his spoon poking at the grey, lumpy porridge that constituted his lunch and he tried his best not to gag at the viscous concoction.

'Well,' the doctor, backed out of the room, still staring down at his notes. 'Let the nurses know if you need them to clear up,' he informed, before shutting the door with a faint click.

JB waited patiently for the sound of his footsteps to fade down the hallway before in a huge sweeping movement, caused his lunch to crash to the floor, the sound was ear-rattling, as the plastic tray clattered to the floor, splattering the disgusting lunch on the floor. He screamed into the empty air, not caring if the nurses came and put him under a sedative, all he wanted was to shout and scream and crash and destroy.

He felt the rage and sadness and disappointment, which had been bottled up inside him, bubbling out, spewing forth like a wave of lava. He wanted to get out of this stupid fucking bed and slam his hand to a wall but all he could do was lie here in the goddamn bed because of his trapped leg. Breathing heavily, he could feel the veins bulging in his neck as the rage heated his face and then turned into tears as the warm liquid poured from his closed eyelids, showering his cheeks, as he pummelled the bed weakly, feeling the IV tug painfully in his arm.

There was a hurried clattering in the hall and he knew that they were finally going to come and give him some of that drug that would make him fall asleep but he didn't want to because he would be waking up to another day where he would be bed-ridden, his entire life, his dreams all snatched from him, just because of one damned fall.

Dancing, singing, performing that was his life, he couldn't imagine anything else he wanted to do. He had prepared nearly half of his life and now he would be stuck here for the remainder of it and he would slowly shrink into the shell of the man he used to be and eventually he would fade and everyone would move on and he couldn't because of his immobility.

The door slammed open and the two nurses inhaled sharply at the mess on the floor and Jaebeom's tear-streaked face. Their faces were sorrowful, as they, tucked him in like a little baby as he barely resisted, even as they were injecting the sedative into his veins. It filled and seeped into the cracks of his broken soul, filling them in, plugging at the rifts and the holes, but they were only temporary and every morning he would wake up and experience having to be broken over and over again.

2 Days Later

He was staring out of the window, wanting so badly to feel the faint warmth of its rays on his skin but... he had to face it, he would never be able to head over there by himself unless he requested to be moved there and he couldn't bear the humiliation.

He wasn't depressed to be exact but he was heading there, sometimes he wondered if... with his bum leg, if there was anything left in life for him. He would never be able to be independent again, constantly having to rely on other people and constantly shadowed by the pitiful looks in their eyes everytime he had to get somewhere or be lifted.

He was contemplating his darker thoughts when a sudden commotion and the ear-piercing slam of the door, shook him out of his daze. There was a girl at his door, panting, her hair covering nearly half her face, barefoot, wearing only the hospital-issued gown. Despite the haggard appearance, JB with his dulled senses, could tell that she was pretty, beautiful even and he wondered off-hand what a girl like her was doing in the hospital. Seeing as she was not displaying a limp or physical weakness, he was forced to come to the conclusion that she had escaped from the mental ward which was in the same wing.

In a way, he was terrified, but also slightly fascinated, emotions finally resurfacing after a few days of inactivity.

Closing the door behind her, she turned and seemed totally unfazed by the fact that she had barged into another patient's room.

'Hey, hey.' she said hurriedly, words tumbling out of her mouth in urgency. 'You see,' she grinned brightly, padding her way to the seat next to the sunlit window. 'I snuck out of my room for this,' JB heard the crinkle of a wrapper as she brought out a small chocolate bar, waving it to him, winking. 'Being sick and all that I'm not supposed to be consuming sugar, it's bad for my blood, blah blah blah,' she mimicked one of the nurses talking with her fingers, rolling her eyes. 'I haven't had sugar in nearly 2 weeks and I've honestly been deprived,' she groaned.

'So Mister Whoever-You-Are,' she concluded, unwrapping the bar with her fingers. 'All I will need is 2 minutes to eat this in your very lovely room and after that you will be on your way and I will be on mine,' she reached the end of her explanation and before he could even comment, she munched on the chocolate bar while humming to herself.

Yup, definitely mental ward escapist 

JB's lip curled as he watched her, raising an eyebrow everytime he made eye contact with her.

There was a frantic knocking at the door as there came the voices of several nurses.

'(Y/N), young lady you better come out of there right now!' he could hear the high-pitched squeal of the Head Nurse.

Not waiting for a reply, the door burst open for the second time in the day (at this rate they were going to have to get a replacement one) and the Head Nurse stormed in, and you could practically see fire dancing in her eyes when they landed upon the girl he now knew was called (Y/N).

'How many times have I told you not to sneak out of your room?" she chastised the girl holding her wrist in a firm grip as she dragged the girl out.

'One thing,' she murmured turning to JB, bowing slightly, a mischievous glint dancing in her dark eyes. 'I will forever be indebted to you sir,' she giggled at her own statement before she allowed herself to be dragged away back to her room.

Jesus.

Jaebeom thought as he leaned back into his rock-hard hospital pillows.

I thought that I only had my leg to contend with but suddenly this crazy girl shows up? God I'm in the loony bin.

But still, he couldn't get the girl out of his head. She had been the one thing that had genuinely interested him in the past 5 days, it gave him a distraction, rather than constantly brooding and thinking about his condition.

Taking a deep breath, he stared up at the ceiling, exhaling slowly, as he felt the blanket fall beneath his body, still thinking of her.

Your POV

You twisted your neck, glancing at the room number, burning it into your brain before they could take you back, the harsh nails of the nurse digging into your skin firmly making sure you wouldn't escape for what now you counted to be the 5th time.

4978, 4978, 4978

You felt the smallest smile on your lips as you remembered the look on the mysterious man's face when you had exploded in the room.

Patient in Room 4978 was going to get a surprise visit soon.