chemistry ; mark

You squeeze your eyes shut and pray fervently that it doesn't land on you. You take a small peek, the plastic bottle full of water is spinning and spinning and spinning until it slows down to a halt, it's blue cap facing the opposite direction. Shrieking in joy, you and the members celebrated like all of you had won a lottery while Mark's face paled, staring at the bottle like it was a weapon of mass destruction.

'So Mark hyung,' your brother, Jackson asked, stretching, relieved he wasn't the target. 'Truth or Dare?' he asked, lifting an eyebrow, as if challenging him.

'Hmm,' he thought for a while, his eyes drifting around the circle all of you were sitting in.

When his eyes finally landed on yours, you gave him a small smirk and mouthed the words 'DARE'. You didn't know where your surge of confidence came from, maybe it was because your brother was around. You had never been comfortable with Mark, since he was such a quiet person, compared to all the other members like Bam Bam and Yugyeom who were just plain LOUD. Honestly, it would be hard to NOT be friend with those two youngsters.

Even Youngjae, JB and Jinyoung, all shared some similar interests with you. You and Jinyoung bonded over your love of books, constantly going to the library to pick out book recommendations. With Youngjae, both of you nursed a passion for DOGS, so having Co Co around was a bonus. And finally JB and you often talked at length about songwriting since you loved singing and were training under JYP to debut under a girl group next year. But when it came to Mark, it was more like both of you minded your own business. He often gave off an unapproachable vibe, like he was avoiding everyone, but with the members he acted like any other guy, but it still didn't endear him to you yet.

'Earth to Mark hyung,' Bam Bam called out, waving a hand in front of Mark's face.

'Dare' he said, breaking eye contact with you and looking at the rest of the members.

'Oh this going to be GOOD,' your brother said, enjoying his sweet moment of revenge, rubbing his hands together like an evil scientist, minus the out of control hair.

'EMERGENCY MEETING!' Jackson, Bam Bam and Yugyeom called out all at once dragging you and the rest of the members to the other corner of the room. All of you huddled in a circle as if going to face some major football match.

'So, what should we ask hyung to do?' Bam Bam whispered, side-eyeing Mark as if he couldn't hear him being right across the room.

'Hmmm,' your brother bit his lip, thinking. 'We could ask him to chug a whole bottle of hot sauce,' he suggested.

'What?! NO!' Yugyeom rejected.

'That's SO LAME,' Jinyoung agreed.

'Well, you think of one then smart guy,' he said, slightly miffed.

'Ask him to do a handstand throughout the rest of the game,' Youngjae suggested.

'Nah, he's perfectly capable of doing that,' JB said shaking his head.

Suddenly, Bam's head shot up, his eyes glimmering an idea forming. 'Hyung hyung how about-,' he whispered the rest of the sentence into Jinyoung's ear, whose eyes lit up and a wild grin formed on his face.

'That's brilliant,' he laugh, shooting a glance at Jackson. 'It'll be fun to find out how he reacts,' he chuckled.

'What is it hyunggggg,' the maknae complained, not liking to be out of the loop.

'We're going to ask Mark hyung to re-enact Jackson hyung's teaser,' Bam Bam said, holding in his laughter.

'HEY THAT'S COPYRIGHT!' your brother whisper-shouted, fuming.