stay ; jb

A/N: I had a short break during my exam this weekend (I'm done with half of them) so I decided to upload a short one shot about JB that I wrote a way back when. My hiatus isn't over but I popped in to thank y'all for being patient in waiting y'all are the best!! Anyway, after my hiatus I already have another series planned and have a TON of ideas for new one shots so please be patient with me (plus maybe another book) ! See you guys in another 2 weeks! 

P.S.: Thank you so much for 800K reads despite the hiatus y'all are amazing :(

.......................................................................................................................................................

You chugged another shot of the clear liquid, its familiar burning sensation warming you from the core of your body. Your marble countertop seemed to be swimming before your eyes its blacks and whites, merging into one unidentifiable blur.

You staggered slightly but the cup was still grasped firmly in your hand as you poured another shot. A bit sloshed out and drenched your clothes but you were beyond caring. The fire that burned your throat and warmed your stomach took you far far away from your pain.

What was worse your sluggish brain wondered. Your boyfriend cheating on you or your boyfriend cheating on you with your best friend? Your heart had been broken twice this round, as if once hadn't been enough, it had been like rubbing salt in the wound.

'Here's to them,' you grinned bitterly and you knew you had shot way past your alcohol tolerance level, crossing a line that you couldn't come back from.

Your hand groped out for the bottle, intent on swigging down the remaining of its contents, but your grasping hands came up with thin air and cold slick marble. Growling like a cornered animal, you turned around and found yourself face to face with JB, your best friend since elementary school, who was holding your bottle of vodka high in the air, a look of utter exasperation on his face

'Give it back,' you spat and tried to jump to reach it but you weren't exactly the most coordinated person on the planet right now.

'I think you've drunk much much more than you can handle (Y/N),' he said in the calm deep voice of his.

'Give.Me.The.Bottle.Lim.Jaebeom,' you said slowly and carefully, in a tone that left no room for negotiations.

'I'll do better than that,' he said before tossing the rest of the contents into the sink where it drained away in the blink of an eye.

That was probably when you snapped. Already having to deal with your heartbreak and betrayal, not it was Jaebeom's turn to infuriate you? Was the whole world against you tonight?

'I HATE YOU!' you screamed rushing to attack him, blinded by rage and mind clouded by alcohol.

Throwing yourself at him, you pounded against his broad chest, but it didn't seem to faze him, probably because your blows weren't exactly well aimed and instead of pushing you away, he enveloped you in his arms as you continued beating weakly against him.

'I hate you I hate you I hate you,' you muttered into his soft, worn sweater, tears soaking the material with salt water.

'(Y/N),' he sighed, and somehow still holding on to you led you to the living room where you could break down properly.

'Jaebeom,' you hiccupped, looking up at him, after 5 minutes of continuous hysteria. You had stopped pelting him with blows but the tears still trailed down your face.

'Hmm?" he responded his arms still around you.

'Kiss me,' you sighed. You knew your request was incoherent and not supposed to be taken seriously.

For once, something broke through his calm facade and he even scooted a few centimeters from you. 'W-What?' he asked and he scratched the back of his neck, looking genuinely worried.

'Kiss me. Please,' you pleaded and this time you were the one that approached him, wrapping your arms around his neck but he resisted.

'(Y/N),'he said firmly, trying to push you away. 'You're drunk, you don't know what you're asking for, why don't you just go to sleep?' he suggested but you shook your head vehemently, refusing.

'No,' the garbled word came out of your mouth. 'If I go to sleep I'll have nightmares,' you squeaked in a small, broken voice. 'If you won't kiss me then stay Jaebeom, stay please?' you kept pleading.

He sighed and slowly disentangled your arms from him. 'I'll stay okay?' he assured you firmly, and he did kiss you, but not the way you wanted it. Just a brush of his lips against your forehead, but it was enough for you. That was the last totally comprehensible memory that entered your mind before the cloud of alcohol that had been lurking in the depths of your mind, finally overtook you.

The rest came in flashes, you being carried from the couch to your bedroom, feeling the soft whisper of your blanket as Jaebeom tucked you in and proceeded to stay up with you. 'Good night (Y/N),' you remember him whispering into your ear.

For the first time in a long while, nightmares no longer haunted your dreams and instead you slipped into sweet, peaceful oblivion.