v live part 3 ; mark

Q: What's your favourite SHIP?

A: Okay to be honest when i first got into g7 I really really liked MARKSON, I felt like they were the cutest!  

*Drop me questions to answer below!

...........................................................................................................................

You gulped, your throat suddenly felt like it was coated with sand and you had to resist the urge to cough uncontrollably.

'I think we'll need a minute,' (BFF/N) came to your rescue as she smiled sweetly, leaving Chora hanging at the doorway, pulling you to one side firmly by your shoulders.

'Say the word and I'll kick her out of here before you can blink,' she whispered harshly under her breath, sending her the stink eye.

'I-I don't know,' you shivered, trying to calm your sweaty palms, wiping them against your faded jeans, clutching at the material, bunching it up against your thighs before smoothing them out again.

'It's about Mark,' her voice came from the entrance as you stiffened, nearly paralysed when you heard his name.

'Just... let her in,' you sighed, pushing (BFF/N) away, to go and sit on the couch, you knew that nothing much worse could happen. Worse case scenario, she came to claim Mark as hers, how bad could that hurt? The sudden pang and breathlessness in your stomach told you otherwise as (BFF/N) invited her, somewhat ungraciously into her home, keeping an eagle's eye on her at every moment, sitting down next to you so the Chora was forced to sit opposite you. (BFF/N)'s limbs were so tightly wound, you were surprised her extremities hadn't turned blue yet, and her lips were pursed as she regarded Chora indifferently.

'So Chora,' you sighed, taking a pillow, putting it on your lap, ready to use it release your stress by clenching the soft material, hands buried deep in it. 'You wanted to talk?"

'Yeah, you see,' for once she looked nervous, fiddling with the tassel of her blouse. 'It's about Mark,' she admitted, looking up at you.

'What about him?" you asked with gritted teeth as she flinched from the sound of your voice.

'I don't know if you've read the articles but um....' she hesitated not knowing what would trigger your anger about the subject.

'Okay, cut the crap,' (BFF/N) interjected, eyes shining with suspicion. 'Are you dating Mark or not? If you are, how long have you guys been going out behind my best friend's back and I'll give you 5 minutes before I kick you out of my apartment,' her voice was steely as she barked out instructions.

She looked shocked at the sudden hostility. 'I guess that's what I deserve,' she mumbled. 'But no, I'm not and I never would date Mark,'

Your heart leapt a little at the statement but you tamed its leaping joy, knowing that the whole story wasn't complete yet.

'Well, if your dating him then why did he mention your name in the live?" (BFF/N) still wasn't letting her go despite the fact that she slightly cowering in her chair under the venomous glare.

'Wow, that's a very long story which I came here to explain,' she muttered, rubbing her eyes, still unable to look at you, her shame was apparent.

'Well... you better get talking then,' (BFF/N) snapped, throwing herself back in her seat.

'He mentioned my name because he wanted to protect you,' her face finally turned up to look at you. 'You see, he didn't want to reveal the fact that he was dating you yet...so,'

'So wait,' your voice suddenly icy. 'He hated being with me so much that he didn't want to even reveal that we were together, so he chose you instead? That's making me feel a whole lot better,' you snapped, this time tears of fury burning in your eyelids.

'No no no,' she hastened. 'What I'm trying to say is that, he wanted to do a sort of test-run, he wanted to mention my name since I haven't even debuted yet, he just wanted to see the reaction that the fans had to him dating, so that he could protect you when the actual thing came out,' she gave a lengthy explanation, as you tried to see it from her point of view.

You sighed as she explained. This was undoubtedly classic Mark. He was predictably kind of dumb in that way. You could even predict what he would have done next.

'And then, in order to cover up for it, he would release a press release from JYP saying that you and him broke up and then a few months later he would announce the proper relationship?" you asked.

'H-How?" she asked perplexed as you stole the words right from her mouth.

'I've been dating Mark for a pretty long time, I had an inkling,' you mumbled, putting your head in your hands, unsure of what to think about now. On one hand, you felt the sudden uplifting joy, knowing that he hadn't done anything wrong that he was still yours after all, but at the other end of the spectrum you felt a mix of emotions: confusion, anger, annoyance all jumbled up inside of you.

'Why the hell didn't he tell me this first? We could have avoided a hell of a problem,' you groaned, just the thought of it gave you a massive headache.

'I'm sorry for everything,' she apologised as you shook your head.

'It wasn't your fault, it was his for not telling me,' you rejected furiously, as you stood up and she did too. 'Thank you, for telling me everything,'

'What are you going to do?" she asked as you walked her to the entrance of the apartment.

'Honestly?" you shoved your hands deep in your pockets, leaning against the wall. 'I have no idea... I miss him... I still love him but after this... I don't know what to think,' you shrugged.

'I don't know if I can say this but, Mark is the person who helped me become a trainee at JYP, and we've become kinda close and he talks about you all the time... like ALL THE TIME,' she giggled. 'It's ridiculous, he even told me about your first year anniversary and stuff, wrote it all down in his phone and sent a ridiculously long essay to me and you know what he wrote at the end of it?" she took out her phone scrolling to the chat, before handing the phone to you.

You dashed away the tears from the back of your hand, smiling weakly after reading the last part of the message.

I think she's the one

'As an outsider I can't really tell you what to do but I can tell you that I know exactly how he feels about you,' she trailed off.

'He loves you (Y/N), don't let him go,' she finished off in a whisper, bowing her head once at you before walking off.