bullying ; yugyeom

Requested by: Silver_The_Star

yugyeom as brother

............................................................................................................................................................

For as long as you could remember, you and Yugyeom were inseperable as siblings. Being only a year older than you, the short age gap allowed both of you to bond with each other as you grew up, always having each other's backs.

He was there when you had your first day at school, trying to calm you down as you sobbed incessantly, afraid of the whole 'having to go to school' concept. You were there for him when him, being the easily hyperactive and reckless kid that he was, fractured his leg while trying to swing on the monkey bars when both of you were only about 7 or 8. You couldn't remember a major moment in your life where Yugyeom was absent and in a way it comforted you, always having your big brother around, constant as a shadow, knowing that no matter what happened, he would always be there for you.

Even when you entered high school and Yugyeom was shunted off to a class above you due to his age, he still kept quiet tabs on you when he had the time, trying his best to make sure you were safe. Except, sometimes, he slipped. You didn't blame him. It was hard to balance a life as a rookie idol and a normal high school student and you didn't want to worry him more than you had to, he had more than enough of his own problems.

But sometimes, when he slipped, it never went well for you. You remembered the first time when it happened.

Flashback

You had been walking down the empty school hallway, schooling hours were way past over, you just had a talk with your school newsletter committee about the new cover illustration, that was planned to be unveiled with the new edition of the magazine for the start of the year. You remember missing your big brother, with his long lanky presence, as he usually accompanied you home, but he had had to rush off for dance practise so, it looked like you were going home alone this evening.

You remember a warm breeze that swept through the hall, a sign that summer was coming and you were lost in your own head, wondering off, thinking of what summer had in store and the number of ways you could persuade your big brother to introduce you to Bam Bam, the new transfer student from Thailand a member of your brother's band whom you had had a crush on ever since you caught a glimpse of him when you went with your parents to pick Yugyeom up from the training centre and incidentally, his best friend.

You were probably too lost or caught up with your daydreaming to realise that a group of people, mostly females had gathered right behind you. You had just passed the canteen hall when, you saw from the corner of your eye as the girls surged towards you almost like a wave and you backed away slightly, clutching the straps of your backpack till your knuckles turned white.

Scanning the faces in front of you, you recognised a group of 8 girls. Somin and her following of blustering baboons you groaned inwardly. Bad enough you had to see them at school, flirting shamelessly with your brother, just because he had suddenly become a celebrity, practically begging him for a date, when before, they had looked at him as if he was something they had scraped off of their designer high heel shoes.

'Somin, hey,' you tried to keep your tone casual, but watched the rest of the group warily.

'(Y/N),' she said sweetly, it was almost as if honey dripped off of her voice, as she flashed you her brightest smile. 'Funny to bump into you after school,' she remarked eyeing your binder.

'One of you maybe, but all 8 of you?" you raised an eyebrow, not wanting to beat around the bush. 'Cut the crap Somin, what do you want?" you asked tiredly.