Chapter 1- College

Flynn P.O.V:

       This was it. College. I had never pictured my future like this. Being in some dumb long distance relationship that I could've prevented...If only I'd said something to Harley. Proposed to her maybe?

       I stood staring at the map in my hands. I'd skipped orientation to sleep all day and enjoy my last few days of freedom.

Hayden put his hand on my shoulder. "Lost, man?"

I looked at him and chuckled. "Can't be lost with a map. I'll find my way."

He nodded. "Sure." He quickly grabbed my map.

"Hey,"I smiled. "What are you doing?"

"Punishing you for ditching me at our orientation."

People started staring.

I looked at them then quickly grabbed the map embarrassment.

Hayden laughed.

I looked at it then sighed. "I have math this morning and a packed freaking schedule."

"Really? How many classes are you taking this semester?"

"About three-"

"And you have a packed schedule?,"Hayden tilted his head. "Come on, man. I'll take you to class."

I smiled at him and walked with him. I was happy to have someone I knew there with me. My phone started buzzing. I quickly put it to my ear. "Yello-"

"Flynn, Flynn, Flynn,"Harley sang.

"Hey Lovey,"blushed and stood.

Hayden looked back at me.

I put my hand out signaling him to stop.

He shook his head and stood with folded arms.

"How's your first day going?,"Harley asked. 

"Good so far. Hayden showed up out of nowhere. He's already trying to ruin my college experience."

"Hey!,"Hayden shouted.

Harley giggled. "Well Zoe is trying to run mines. We've got our classes scheduled together and we've both signed up for the music club. It's so weird."

I smiled. "Well at least you'll be organized this semester. You have a good dorm mate."

"What's yours like?"

I sighed. "When I got to our dorm he was already asleep. He didn't say a word to me when his eyes opened. He just went right back to sleep. Slept all day yesterday actually. And all night too."

"Oh...Maybe he's depressed."

"Oh geez. I don't want one of those roommates."

"Well, seems like you've got one. Talk to him."

"I'll try to. He's just...boring."

"You'll see. You may be surprised. I have to go. Zoe's ready for our second class and I haven't even looked at our schedule to see what it is yet. I'll call you later?"

"Sure. I love you."

"I love you too." She hung up.

I walked over to Hayden.

"Harley seems happy."

"She is. Even though it's nine fifteen and she's having her second class already."

"Zoe?"

"Yep."

*   *   *

Harley P.O.V:

   I walked behind Zoe into my Sociology class. A smile spread across my cheeks. Talking to Flynn in the morning was going to be the first thing on my schedule. He made me feel ready for my day.

We found good seats and sat down.

A guy sat beside Zoe and she smiled and nodded at him.

She was strange. Sweet. I was nice but her kindness was above my level. She cared about others enough to show them as much kindness as she could.

Me? I just cared about the cheese pizza in the diner across the street and when I could get free time to buy myself a slice.

A girl sat beside me. I tried to be like Zoe. I smiled and nodded at her.

She quickly smiled back. "Hi."

"Hi,"I gulped and turned to my book hoping she wouldn't want to start conversation.

"You're the first person to actually smiled at me today,"she said opening her book.

I looked at her. "Really?,"I furrowed my brows.

"Yeah..everyone seems too busy to be nice to you these days."

I looked at my hands then I looked at Zoe.

She handed the guy a pen. "I sometimes forget my stuff on the first day too,"she giggled.

He smiled at her. "Thank you."

She nodded and looked down at the professor.

The guy's face looked brighter than when he'd walked in.

I smiled at Zoe. She may have been bossy but her bossy was good. She knew what she was doing and why. She was a good person. I wanted to be like that. At least better.

*  *  *

Hey beautiful people. This chapter is mainly for you to get an understanding of the main problems between the characters in the book.

Harley is going to be so focused on school and trying to be a better person that she's going to forget about Flynn.

Flynn is going to be so focused on helping his roommate (fear of another Eva) while trying to build his relationship back, that he'll forget about his school work.

Song:
Odezsa- Meridian