Chapter 45- Left Alone

Flynn P.O.V:

      Things had changed..in everyone. No one shared a connection anymore. Oliver went back to his old routine of sleeping all day. All he did was go to class then come back to the dorm and sleep. Riley just hung out with Via. She'd smile at me when she bumped into me but when I tried to speak to her she'd stop me with "Flynn..it's okay." Then she'd walk away.

I knew she was hurting. The way she looked at Oliver and Danny said it all. She wasn't her usual kind of jealous. Instead of wanting to destroy what they had, she wanted it, as dull as it was.

Danny looked at Oliver like a project. Like he needed fixing. And I knew that look. Harley gave it to Eva all the time. There was no love. Just determination to get the job done. She kissed Oliver with her eyes open, probably to make sure his were closed. They were all broken.

And I...I was lonely. Hayden spent more time with new friends. And Harley went back to her same old attitude of not having time. But our time to go home was near and I was ready to leave. I needed to leave.

I opened my drawer and started putting my clothes in my suitcase.

The door opened and Oliver and Danny walked in arguing.

"I can't do this if you're not putting anything into this relationship,"Danny shouted. "What part of it's a team effort don't you understand?"

"I don't,"Oliver walked over to his bed. "I don't get why you're here constantly in my face-"

"Because I'm trying to help you-"

"HELP ME WITH WHAT!,"Oliver shouted...really..really loud.

Both Danny and I were stunned. Oliver wasn't usually loud.

His face was red. "I've never been in a relationship before but I know that you don't go into a relationship to help someone-"

"Okay, fine," Danny clasped her hand and smiled a terrifying smile. "Then I'm trying put up with you. That's what I'm doing. Putting up with your crap."

Oliver shook his head. "Why?,"he threw up his arms.

"Because I know the kind of person you are-"

"You don't,"he continued to shake his head.

"Yes I do,"she put her hand on his. "Like I told you...Wallis told me everything."

His eyes grew.

"And I'm okay with you. I can ignore everything he said because I want to see where this goes. Where we go-"

He pulled his arm away. "You think I need help. You think I'm crazy-"

"No, Oliver. I wouldn't try to make this work if you were. What you did when you were a kid was because you weren't...you weren't.."

Oliver suddenly looked at me. There were tears in his eyes.

I slowly stood up. "I can leave-"

"No,"he shook his head. "Danny you should go."

She tilted her head. "But-"

"Please...I need to be alone. All I want is to be alone."

She looked at me with a glare then she walked out of the room.

I felt like following her and asking her what he'd done but it was up to him to tell me, not her.

I walked over to the door and shut it, then I walked over to my bed and continued to pack my clothes.

Oliver changed his clothes, then he climbed into his bed and laid down. I heard him sniffling and tried my best to ignore it, but my heart got the best of me.

"Hey..,"I cleared my throat. "Are you okay?"

He immediately broke down.

I quickly got up and walked over to him, sitting on his bed. I touched his shoulder. "Tell me what's going on with you?"

"I can't," he said, his voice heavy from the weeping. He buried his face in his pillow.

"Come on, Oliver... I'm willing to listen, alright. Just...tell me-"

"I want to left alone."

I stared at him, afraid of what he would do if I did. My hands began to shake and my stomach began to turn. "Oliver, I can't handle situations like this. I'm honestly terrified that you'll.."

"That I'll what?,"he turned over on his back. "Kill myself? I don't have the energy to try."

As I looked at him and all I could think about was Eva. I quickly stood up and walked over to my suitcase. I zipped it up and lifted it by its handle then I pulled it over to the door and froze. "I'm going to stay with Hayden for a while...Until I leave campus, actually....We're all trying, Oliver. The only person who's not is you."

He quickly rolled over on his side.

I shook my head then I walked out of the room. I shut the door then held my breath when I heard him crying. I walked away and I left him there. I shouldn't have left him alone.