Chapter 9- A Night To Forget

"Are you sure?,"I furrowed my brows at Hayden.

He looked at Riley. "Yeah."

She looked away.

I looked at my knuckles. "My knuckles are bruised and I have a hell of head ache and you mean to tell me all I did was get drunk and do body shots off of your stomach?,"I looked at Riley.

She pursed her lips and nodded.

Oliver furrowed his brows and looked at the floor then he squinted at me.

"You were drunk,"Riley shrugged. "You could've knocked your fist anywhere."

I slowly nodded. "You're right." I stood up. "We should get back to our dorm."

"Really?,"Riley titled her head. "You guys can hang out here." She was suddenly not the wild attention seeking person who greeted me at the door. She was calmer.

"Yeah,"Hayden shrugged. "It's Sunday."

"Head ache,"I rubbed the back of my head thinking about Oliver's situation.

"I think we all do,"Riley looked at him and frowned then she turned back to me.

There was something between them that I wasn't sure of. Something had happened the night before. A night I couldn't remember.

*  *  *
Oliver P.O.V:

      I walked into the house with my head down. I was going to grab Flynn and Hayden and get out of there.  I had a great night and I couldn't mess it up.

I entered the kitchen and found Hayden doing something he shouldn't have been doing. The thing he's trying to hide from Flynn.

He liked at me and immediately stopped. "Oliver,"he smiled, wiping his nose and lips.

I stepped back bumping into someone. "I'm so sorry,"I turned around then froze.

"..Hi,"Riley stared up at me with silly googly eyes. The eyes I hated seeing. Hers.

I shook my head then I started walking away.

She followed me. "Oliver,"she held my wrist.

I yanked my hand away. "Please don't touch me."

She glared at me then she turned away.

I ignored her and walked into the living room, searching for Flynn.

A girl suddenly stood in front of me. "Hi."

"Hi,"I furrowed my brows.

"Remember me?"

"You're that..senior that invited us to the party, right?"

"Yeah. And you're that freshman."

She suddenly held a drink in front of me. "Drink."

I took it. There was nothing wrong with the drink. I was sure of it. Besides, girls were the only ones who ever got date raped or drugged at parties. I put the cup to my nose. It wasn't alcohol. It was ordinary punch. Foolish as I was, I couldn't tell that there was nothing ordinary at a college party. I drank the punch.

At my last gulp, I felt something bitter go down my throat. I crinkled my nose. "What..what was that?"

She smiled. "It's-"

The loud music blasted over her words.

"Huh?,"I shouted trying to read her lips.

"It's-,"they suddenly began twisting.

I was now unconsciously being led up the stairs. A swirling door opened and everything went into black shots. My eyes felt like a camera, shooting images frame by frame.

I laid staring at a ceiling, then my eyes went black. Then they opened again and the girl was leaning over me with a bright smile.

"What's...what's happening-"

I felt fingers on my lips, then something wet and mushy pressed against them. "Your friend told me you wanted this." She kissed my neck.

"No, wait,"I lifted my arms but they fell back down. I didn't want this anymore. I wanted to wait...for Danny.

Before I knew it, I was stumbling to my feet.

The girl stood in the corner holding a bloody towel to her nose.

"God! Why are so freaking heavy?"

"Wha..,"I looked up at the person helping me stand.

Riley stood leaned over me, with her arms tucked under mine.

I yanked my arms away and fell to the floor again.

"Idiot!,"she shouted quickly grabbing my arms.

"Let me..let me go."

"Listen moron!,"she shouted at me. "Put all your hate for me aside for a night..Please. I need to get you out of here."

I gave in, too weak to bother fighting her. My eyes ran over to the girl again.

She was in tears. "I'm sorry. I didn't know. I thought you took the drug before-"

"Shut it,"Riley shouted finally getting me to stand.

We struggled out of the room. As we walked, I stared at her.

We stopped at the top of the stairs.

She looked at me with pitiful eyes. "You're going to have to help me out here, alright? I'm not strong enough to carry you down-"

"You are strong,"I unconsciously smirked.

She shook her head. "You're high. Come on, Olly. Mrs. Winters would never want to see you like this."

I stared into her eyes, then I put my thumb on her chin and looked at her lips. "Why are you so..stupid and yet so..beautiful?"

She snorted and turned her head away. "Oliver-"

I put my hands on cheeks and turned it back, facing me. "I know why you tease me, Riley."

Her eyes grew wide.

"You're afraid to like me."

"I don't-"

"Shh. You've always wanted me to do this."

She stared at me and gulped.

I quickly leaned foward and kissed her.

She froze then she started to kiss me back. She suddenly pulled away. Then she looked up at me again. "You're high,"she said bluntly. Letting go of me and walking down the stairs.

I froze, realizing that I was standing straight. My mind was still a little fuzzy but I wasn't high anymore. Shocked I turned to the living room and looked at the couch.

Flynn sat staring at me with furrowed brows and a girl on his lap.

We had we all done that night?