Chapter 72- The Last Argument

Flynn P. O. V:

      I laid on my bed staring at the ceiling. Harley stood slipping her clothes back on.

I ran my hands over my face and turned to her.

She looked at me as she fixed the dress over her hips.

I opened my mouth to speak but something blocked my throat.

She tilted her head with a smirk.

I gave her a weak smile then I turned my back to her and curled up on my bed. Tears covered my pillow as I shut my eyes. I tried my best not sniffle and moan but a few slipped out and she heard them.

"Flynn," she said in an annoyed tone.

I covered my face with the pillow.

"See?" She shouted. "This is why I can't do this... All you do is cry because it's never your fault. It's never on you."

"What?" I uncovered my face. "What do you mean never my fault? It's obvious who's fault it is here."

"I may have contributed to this in some way but it's not all on me."

"What's on me then?" I sat up, furious that she was blaming me.

"Well..,"she folded her arms," for the past few days you've been ignoring my calls-"

"Because you never called before. You suddenly remembered my number?"

She rolled her eyes. "You're really gonna stick with that? Say that that's the reason you want me to walk out of this room? Because I know it's more than that. You weren't desperate for a phone call. You were desperate for attention-"

"Exactly," I shouted. "I wanted your attention-"

"No, Flynn. You moron. You wanted any kind of attention you could get. Not from me. From anyone. That's why you kissed Oliver-"

"This again? Harley, I kissed him to get your attention."

"You kissed him because he was giving you attention. You didn't care if he were a boy, a girl or a dog. All you want is attention. That's why you were in love with me. Because you knew that I was one of the only girls in high school who didn't give you attention. You got off on getting me to be with you and then when I decided that I needed to put my work first it made you angry. Because all you want is attention. That's why you kissed that girl at that party!"

I stared at her with wide eyes. "What are you talking about?"

"I called Hayden. He told me everything."

"Everything.. about.. what?"

"That party that you all went to."

"What party-"

"Your first college party... The one that Oliver almost got raped in."

"I.. I didn't kiss anyone that night," I gulped.

"I know you would think that you didn't. Because you got drunk or high, or whatever shit you got. And then you made out with some girl and woke up clueless the next morning. They all kept that from you."

"Hayden is lying. I didn't do any of that. Oliver would've told me."

"Really? Would he have?"

I stared at the floor.

"I'm not going to be the one to let you dump me. So, Flynn?"

I looked at her.

"We're done." She started walking towards the door but I sprang up and ran after her.

"No wait," I grabbed her arm but she pushed me away.

"Don't touch me," she pointed at me.

"Harley, you're being crazy. I've never cheated on you before and even if I kissed that girl I didn't do it on purpose. I was drunk."

She shook her head," I don't want to hear it." She stepped back pushing my bedroom door open with her back.

I realized that she was about to fall, again, and quickly reached forward to grab her by she dress, but instead my hand pushed her chest.

She fell backwards tumbling down the wooden steps to the floor.

I quickly rushed down after her. "Harley," I grabbed her hand.

She pulled it away. "You pushed me!"

"What? No I didn't!"

"Stay away from me,"she struggled to get up. Luckily for her, this time her fall didn't break her leg. She limped over to the next flight of stairs and hopped down them.

I stood unsure of what to do. How could things have just gone down hill like this? I suddenly got this feeling in my chest. It became clear. I didn't want to break up with her anymore. I never really wanted this to happen. But it did. And now I knew that I had no one. That even Oliver had betrayed me.

I walked up my wooden steps and walked into my room. I climbed into my shower and stood under the hot water, letting it burn my skin. My mind ran over to Sylvia. What she had said to me. I was depressed. I was unhappy. And sometimes I did want to die. But this thing with Harley broke my heart. Made me confused. I thought I hated her. I wanted to leave her. Now, all I felt was guilt.