Chapter 40- The Riley We All Either Feared Or Loved

Oliver P.O.V:

     I chased after Riley. She marched down the street squeezing the bat in her hand.

I grabbed her arm. "Hey,"I pulled her.

She turned to me with anger in her eyes.

"You don't wanna do this."

"Oh but I want to,"she tilted her head and smiled. "And you sure have an act for telling me what I want and don't wanna do." She started walking again.

"Riley," I ran after her," Flynn's gonna kill you if you hurt his bat."

She stopped walking causing me to bump into her.

Wallis was getting out of the car with four of his friends. A girl was with them. Wallis held her hand and she blushed, probably feeling proud to be his new arm candy.

Sympathy filled Riley's face. The poor girl didn't know what she'd stepped into.

"We should turn back,"I touch Riley's arm.

She swung the bat at me.

"Whoa,"I stepped back.

"Back..the hell..up."

I watched her march down the sidewalk and quickly grabbed my mace out of my back pocket. I took a deep breath then I ran after her.

Wallis stopped laughing with his friends when he saw her. "Hi Riley,"he grinned. "How was your trip?" He looked at me. "Did you get my present?"

I furrowed my brows. "What?"

Riley lifted the bat.

He looked at her hand and froze when he saw the bat. "What are you doing?...You better f*cking not."

Riley smirked then she swung the bat back, smashing it into the windshield of the car.

Wallis gasped. "MY CAR!"

"Your car?,"Riley titled her head. "MOTHER F-,"she swung the bat back again smashing the front window. "I bought this car with you. Paid most of the damn cost...It's fine,"she grinned. "You can,"she smashed the back door,"have it!"

Glass went everywhere.

"You little bitch!" Wallis started to approach her and I quickly stepped foward spraying the mace in his eyes.

He screamed and fell on his knees.

"Who's the little bitch, now?,"I shouted down at him.

His friends chuckled. The girlfriend just covered her mouth. She looked clueless and innocent like Riley did when she first met him.

Riley continued to destroy the car, denting it with each and every swing.

I stared at her. "God, I love you,"I sighed.

"Hold this,"she put the bat in my hand. "He moves, you hit him, got it?"

I nodded.

She climbed into the car, and stooped down on the seat, lifting her pink, flowery dress.

I furrowed my brows and stared at her with wide eyes. "What the-"

Wallis suddenly attacked me, tackling me to the ground. His friends decided to join in attempting to beat me up, while Riley tried to take a crap on the car seat.

Wallis punched me a few times before Riley noticed what was going on. And when she did-

"Oliver!,"she shouted. "Leave him alone!," she leaned over the seat, opening the back door and hitting one of the guys with it.

He stumbled, knocking over another.

Riley jumped out of the car. And grabbed my bottle of mace off the ground, hitting a guy on the head. He stepped backwards and she stuck out her leg, tripping him.

Wallis looked back at her, just in time to get the end of the mace bottle in his nose.

"Wallis!,"the new girlfriend squealed covering her mouth.

Riley looked at her. "I'm guessing he hasn't hit you yet."

The girl stared at her with wide eyes.

"He'll hit you. Just like he hit me."

The girl frowned then she groaned and walked over to me grabbing the bat. She lifted it, hitting Wallis on the back, then the bottom, then the head.

He cried like a baby, covering his face and crouching into a ball on the ground.

Riley grabbed me by my shirt and lifted me off the ground. "Let's go." She pulled me.

"Flynn's bat,"I turned back, watching the girl beat the crap out of Wallis.

Riley sighed then she walked back over to them. The girl handed her the bat. "Thank you." Riley rushed back over to me. "Let's go before he gets up."

We started sprinting down the sidewalk.

I turned around to see the girl running behind us.

She looked back, then she screamed. "Oh my goodness!"

Wallis and his clan were running after us. And they were catching up to her pretty fast.

Knowing he had no respect for women what so ever, I sighed and ran back, yanking the five foot girl off her feet and carrying her in my arms.

She grabbed the bottle of maze out of my hand before it could slip and quickly sprayed a cloud behind us.

Riley ran up the stairs and held the door to the building open.

We quickly ran inside.

I put the girl down and took a deep breath. Then I collapsed on my knees.

"That was awesome!,"Riley shouted.

I chuckled and looked up at her, then I heard sniffling.

The girl was crying.

Riley walked over to her. "Hey, are you okay-"

"Why would I be?,"she sassed in a soft voice.

"You're right,"Riley shrugged. "Sorry."

The girl looked at me then at Riley. "I'm so confused and scared. I don't understand what just happened at all-"

"If you want to know, we need to move,"I stood up looking back. "Wallis is a gladiator and he's probably on his way here right now. Come with us, all right?"

"I don't think I have much of a choice,"she started following Riley.

I took a deep breath again feeling an extremely odd pain in my chest. Something was wrong.