Chapter 18- Douchebag

Unsure and for some reason embarrassed, I stood up and slipped back into my pants.

Riley slipped into a dress from her suitcase. A pink one. Which meant either we were in a hurry or she couldn't think about the color over her worrying.

I buttoned the last button on my shirt then sat on the bed.

She walked over to me and sat beside me. "I'm sorry I had to stop."

"It's...it's okay...I mean..my jeans are going to be tight for a while but..it'll stop." 

She giggled then pressed her nose against my shoulder. "I really like you. You're..really different."

Ha, different. The cliché description that every high school movie jock uses to get into the nerdy girl's pants.

I turned to her with a prepared speech. "I really like you too and.." And I shouldn't have let you try to do what you were going to do to me because I'm celibate- well supposed to be- until I'm twenty-five and we almost broke that and-

She stared up at me.

"..and I think you're beautiful."

She smiled.

"I think we need to get to my dorm now."

"Yeah,"she held my hand.

She wouldn't stop staring at me and as terrifying as it was, I liked it. It was cute and I felt...wanted.

We stood and started making our way back to my dorm.

When we got there I unlocked the door and pushed it open halfway, then looked at Riley.

She still stared up at me with googly eyes.

I smiled and kissed her forehead then I stepped into the room and immediately let her hand go. Shit.

Danny sat on my bed with Hayden and Flynn sat on his.

He saw me kiss Riley on the forehead.

I looked at Danny.

She smiled and waved at me.

I gulped.

Riley tried to hold my hand again but I quickly shoved my hand in my pocket. "What's..,"she stepped inside on saw Danny on my bed,"wrong."

I was too afraid to look at her. I didn't want to see her eyes. Her disappointed eyes.

Danny quickly rushed over to Riley and hugged her.

My stomach turned as I watched them.

"Are you okay?,"Danny rubbed her arms.

Riley nodded.

She hugged her again.

I looked at Hayden.

He sat with an ice-pack over his eye.

"What happened?,"I looked at Flynn.

"Wallis found him in the hallway and beat him up,"Flynn folded his arms. "Thank goodness Danny was on her way to Riley's dorm," he said knowing what I'd done...well, having assumptions.

Danny looked up at me then she threw her arms around me. "Thank God you're both okay."

I looked at Riley. She looked away and walked over to Flynn sitting on the floor in front of his bed. He was the second person she trust and watching her make her way near him made me feel like an idiot.

I tried to get Danny to let go but she wouldn't. "Danny, I'm okay now. Nothing happened to me or Riley."

She suddenly looked up at me. "We called you over and over again. We were so worried. Where were you guys?"

I looked at Riley.

She glared at me.

"We were in her dorm."

"Oh,"Danny let go. "What were you doing all this time?"

I gulped. "We were-"

"He was comforting me,"Riley cut in.

I looked at her.

"I was hurt because I told Wallis that we needed a break and he was comforting me because I was crying."

I frowned.

Danny looked at me then she smiled. She held my hand and led me over to my bed.

I sat down with her trying to avoid eye contact with anyone in the room.

"I was hoping that maybe Hayden could spend the night here with us,"Flynn folded his arms. "Danny could spend the night with Riley. But it's up to you."

"I don't think-"

"I would love that,"Riley said smiling at Danny.

I sat there praying she wouldn't murder her while they slept.

"Great. Oliver? You were saying something?"

I smiled. "I agree with Riley."

She looked away.

I frowned looking down at my hands.

Danny's hand appeared in mine. "I'll go get my things ready, okay?"

"Sure,"I pursed my lips.

She got up and walked away. "I'll see you guys in a few." She walked out the door.

Riley quickly stood up. "When she gets back tell her I'm in my room."

I quickly followed her. "No wait. Where are you going?"

"I just said where I was going. Back to my dorm room."

I walked over to her. "You don't have to,"I held her hand. "You could've asked me to stay with you, not her."

She snorted. "Her?..Really? You're referring to Danny as her? I couldn't ask you to do that in front of her. Just like you couldn't hold my hand when she was here. You're not really into me, Oliver. You're just a douchebag who want to lose it with someone stupid."

"That's not-"

"Do you guys wanna know what we were doing all this time?,"she looked at Flynn and Hayden with a smile.

"Riley, stop-"

"We were about to have sex."

They both stared at me. Hayden was shocked but Flynn just shook his head.

Riley looked at me. "I would ask you choose one of us but I think the message was clear when you chose to hold her hand in front of everyone instead of mine."

"I'm sorry. I won't-"

"Do it again? You would. Now please,"she looked up at me with tears in her eyes.

I began to feel some stinging mine.

"Don't act like you care about me ever again,"she yanked her hand away and walked out of the room, slamming the door behind herself.

I flinched and shut my eyes. A tear ran down my cheek.

Flynn and Hayden stared at me.

I walked over to my bed. "Get up,"I glared at Hayden.

"Where's my please-"

"GET...UP."

He furrowed his brows and stood up.

I climbed unto my bed and laid down. I shut my eyes. I wasn't really one for crying. But tears soaked my pillow. I felt embarrassed, betrayed, stupid...like a douchebag.