Chapter 11- Mr. and Mrs. Lonely

Flynn P.O.V:

    A week had past and I hadn't felt more lonely before in my life. I was at the brink of depression. Oliver had been sleeping and going to class and repeating the same thing over and over. He hadn't been speaking to me at all, just smiling. Hayden barely left his dorm. When I caught up with Riley, she told me that he had gotten sick. I asked to visit him but she said he didn't want to see anyone. And Harley..The last conversation we had had was the Monday.

I couldn't think straight because all I wanted was someone to talk to. Then someone came.

"Flynn,"Riley smiled, slapping her hands down on the table.

I choked on my fries.

She giggled then sat down infront of me. "I can sit here right? I mean, it's the cool kid's table isn't it, Regina?"

I shook my head then smirked. "I'm fighting the urge to shout you can't sit with us right now."

"Then do it. Life's too short."

I shrugged. "I think that's the point of not shouting it. Don't wanna chase away my only way of getting a good education."

She nodded. "Okay, okay. Smart." She squinted at me.

I squinted back. She was different around me and Hayden and anyone other that Oliver. I just had to ask. "Why do you pick on Oliver?"

She froze then bit the corner of her lip and looked at my plate of curly fries. She quickly grabbed one and put it in her mouth. Back to same old annoying Riley.

"What the..."

She raised a brow. "Fry for an answer."

"Fine...Waiting for my answer."

She folded her arms and looked at the floor. A smirk hit her cheek then she shook her head and leaned forward. "Because I can't stand him."

I raised my brows. "You can't stand him?"

"No,"she shrugged and blinked sitting back.

"He's one of the good ones and you can't stand him?...My girlfriend? She couldn't stand me either. And now she's my girlfriend. Listen, everything you say to me stays with me. I'm not gonna tell him-"

"You think I have some kind of crush on him?"

I stared at her. "If you don't, tell me what's wrong with him."

She looked at my fries again and took another one. She put it in her mouth then she sat chewing for about a minute. She looked at me with a frown. "When I was a baby my parents put me in foster care. I was on my own until I turned ten and a rich little family that lost a daughter adopted me...,"she took another set of fries off my plate. "...For ten years of my life, all I've been doing is fighting to get a good spot. I've been constantly hurt and then every boyfriend I've had so far has been a jerk. Then there's Oliver."

I almost smirked. She thought she was speaking to someone who didn't know how she felt but I knew it too well. She liked him and she didn't even know it.

"He's just..fake."

I raised my brows up and down then looked down at my almost empty plate of fries.

"He acts like some kind of innocent..dumb..gentleman when he's this genius who knows how to get what he wants from other people. He's a sociopath-"

"Okay- Whoa. Firstly, you ate most of my fries. Second, you can't hate the guy that much."

"I..don't hate him..I just don't like him."

"So you love him."

"No..As a human being? Yes. As a friend..or boyfriend..or anything else? No."

I nodded slowly. "...You really think he's a sociopath?,"I tilted my head.

She lifted her head proudly. "Yes."

"Because he was nice to you?"

She stared at me with furrowed brows.

"Why can't a guy- Anyone in general be nice to you?..,"I frowned. "Have you been...hurt that bad?"

She gulped hard.

"I know a hurting person when I see one."

Then smiled and shook her head. "You're not going to do that, Flynn,"she pointed at me. "I've been through enough of this crap from counselors." She stood up.

"I've had my fair share of counselors myself." 

She grabbed her bag off the floor.

"Watched a girl dangle herself of a ceiling fan by her neck."

She froze.

"Played dumb for weeks afterwards because I was afraid to talk about how I felt about it. But I think you heard about that...I know you don't you really want to go. You want to talk about it. Whatever it is. You can go, but I've seen depression hang herself and I've seen it in the mirror...It's easier for me if you leave. I could just sit here alone and watch Gotham on my phone.. but it's going to be harder on you."

She seemed to hesitate then she slowly turned to me with a smile and tears sparkling in her eyes. "Sounds to me like you've been picking up some tips on how to manipulate me from Oliver."

I stood up. "Let's go somewhere else."