Chapter 46- Home

Hey awesome people. So as you know, my books deal with a lot of issues and I'm hoping that this book doesn't get compared to 13 Reasons Why (since the moment people hear depression now our days they immediately think about that show). To be honest, hate me after reading this, but I wasn't it's biggest fan. Even though it dealt with issues it still gave off a blame everyone else vibe to me. As someone who struggled with suicide and still struggles with depression, I felt like a lot of things were left out. Not to mention that a lot of parents (including mines) blamed the show for their children's depression. Suicide was a thing before that Netflix series ever aired. With that said, enjoy.

Harley P.O.V:

      I sat on the steps of my house waiting. I had been home for a while but my parents wanted a few days with me. The plan was to go visit Flynn at his college. My parents had this whole idea that we were going to spend the entire week together. At least that was my plan.

His car slowly pulled into his driveway.

I stood up to go greet him but his front door flew open and his mother ran out to hug him. I had never seen Mrs. Friday smile that much before.

He got out and she threw her arms around him. She kissed his cheek. His brothers ran out of the house and rushed over to him.

I smirked then I turned around and walked back into the house. I walked into the kitchen and opened the fridge.

My mother looked at me. She put a dish on the rack. "I thought you were waiting for Flynn."

I grabbed a sprite. "I think he needs sometime with his family first."

She raised a brow. "Since when?"

"Since when what?"

"It's always been Flynn this, Flynn that. And suddenly, you think he should be with his family?"

"We're all spending thanksgiving together, right?"

"Yes. So?"

"So, I'll see him,"I started walking away.

"Harley."

I turned back to my mom.

"What's going on?"

I shrugged staring at the floor. "I just..I don't think we're okay,"I frowned.

"Oh honey," she hugged me.

*  *  *

Flynn P.O.V:

     I turned back to see Harley walking into her house. My mom tucked her arm in mine. "Come on, honey. I made cookies-"

"You made cookies?,"I looked at her with raised brows.

"Well, we all did. It was a team effort."

Frederick nodded. "I mean, I did eat half of em' but I think you'd enjoy two or three."

I laughed.

*  *  *

Oliver P.O.V:

     I took my suitcase out of the trunk of my dad's car.

"We've missed you so much, son,"he hugged me.

I looked at the door to the house. "I've missed you too,"tears burned my eyes.

"Let me take that from you, okay?,"he took my suitcase and walked over to the door.

I sighed then I followed him.

The door opened and my little sister pushed past him. "Oliver!,"she shouted wrapping her arms around my legs.

"Hi, Alison,"I stooped down and picked her up. "Whoa,"I weighed her before I put her on my hip. "You've gotten bigger. Seems to me like someone's been eating her veggies."