Chapter 5- Teach Me Your Ways

I stood with Hayden and folded arms watching Oliver try to get girl's numbers.

He walked over to a girl with a nervous smile. "Hi- you have pretty eyes."

She glared at him. "Really?"

He furrowed his brows. "Oddly, no. I mean...they're okay. But I'm not gonna lie to you to get into your pants-"

"So that's what you want,"she folded her arms. "To get into my pants-"

"No!...I mean....If you're willing- wait...No. Definitely not."

Hayden laughed and I shook my head.

The girl rolled her eyes. "Listen, man. I've got a class and you're wasting my time. You want my number?"

"Thank you,"Oliver said in relief.

"I didn't say I was giving it to you. I just asked if you wanted it."

"I..So..you're not going to give it to me?"

"Of course not. You're not my type,"she started walking away. 

Hayden tapped my shoulder. "Watch this." He quickly rushed over to the girl. "Hi."

She groaned. "Again? I don't have time for this-"

Hayden smirked. "Just give me a minute, okay?" He looked at Oliver. "My friend over there..we're trying to teach him to connect with other people. You know, he's kind of..not like us."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"He's special. He thought you were pretty and I said he should try to be your friend. You know, because I take care of him while he's here. If you would just give him a chance...at least for me."

The girl stared at him, then she smiled. "I'll give you my number, you can give it to him, alright?"

"Thank you so much. Such a kind heart."

The girl blushed and held his wrist writing her number and name on his arm.

He stared at her and it seemed like he was reading her. "What are you studying to be? A nurse, doctor-"

"Pediatrician."

"Really? You'll do great with soft hands like these,"he rubbed her hand then pushed his in his pockets.

The girl giggled.

"I'll see you around..,"he looked at his arm,"Paris."

"Bye.."

"Hayden."

"Bye Hayden." She looked back at Oliver and gave him an awkward wave like he was a poor, unfortunate soul then walked away.

Hayden walked back over to us. "How'd I do it you, may want to ask-"

"Actually, no,"Oliver squinted at him. "You may be experienced but you belittled me to get your way."

"If she was different I wouldn't have belittled you. But she was clearly studying to be something in the field of caring for others."

"How'd you know that, by the way?,"I arched my eyes at him.

"Because, like me, she took the time to analyze him. Not to mention her patience and compassion that was all over her face. She may not have wanted to listen but she had the patience to do it. Even if she wasn't studying to be a pedestrian, she still cares about others. I used that by claiming to help you. Also, because I have a girlfriend I didn't imply that I wanted a relationship. I just pitched the idea that you wanted a friend."

"That's...,"Oliver furrowed his brows,"actually really genius."

"Thank you. Now,"he looked around then spotted "the right girl". "Her,"he smirked. "Read her for me."

Oliver stared at her. "Well..she's wearing an overall..There's paint on her sneakers...her hair tied up...She's an artist."

"There you go. Now, you're an artist too. Go talk to her."

"What? I know nothing about art."

"You do now."

I looked up at him. "Just tell her you like her sneakers."

"What about her personality? Is she kind to?"

"Read the way she speaks. The last girl called you man, which means she's probably a huge geek or tomboy."

Oliver shook his shoulders and took a deep breath then he started walking towards the girl.

"You're really good with people..well..manipulation."

"How do you think I got Harley to talk to me?"

I glared at him with furrowed brows.

Oliver stood in front of the girl. "I couldn't help but notice your sneakers."

"Oh,"the girl looked down at her feet.

"They're..artsy."

Hayden sighed. "Really, man?"

The girl smiled and shrugged. "I guess they are."

"Was it accidental or...the paint I mean."

"Actually it was. Dropped some paint on them while I was working and fell in love with it."

Oliver nodded. A soft, real expression hit his face. "Sometimes mistakes make things better than they were before. If they make us who we are then..,"he smiled at her,"you make good mistakes."

The girl and I shared the same reaction. We both stood amazed. I was surprised she didn't kiss him them and there because I definitely would have....Again, I'm not into men.

Hayden snorted. "Back to his cheesy self."

I furrowed my brows. "He's being himself."

"If you want to get a girl to sleep with you, you be what she wants, not yourself."

I couldn't believe him. By the way he said it, I was hoping he had ended it with May. They had a argument before she left for college. His vibe had cheating written all over it. He seemed to be too well with people.

Before we knew it the girl was putting her number in Oliver's phone.

He nodded at her then walked back over to us. "She gave me her number. Said I was deep and that she likes it."

"That's great,"I smiled.

"Yeah,"Hayden tilted his head side to side and sang. "But if you want the other girl, be what she wants alright?"

I shook my head but Oliver nodded.