Chapter 27- Fix It Jesus pt1

Flynn P.O.V:

I opened the car door for Harley. She got out holding her dress up from the ground. I fixed my tie and smiled at her. I hadn't been to church since she left for college and as we all know I was never a church boy. Oddly enough she always stayed a church girl, which was great. Just like church was. Although at the time I never understood why she went to church on a Saturday and not a Sunday, with time I finally know. As my mother once told me, "In order to love someone, you must learn to love the things about them that seem odd to you."

I closed the car door and held her hand walking up the steps to the dorms.

We walked down the hallway then we stopped at her dorm. She unlocked the door and we walked inside.

Zoe quickly sprang up from the bed. "Hi!,"she grinned.

"Hey Zoe,"I chuckled, shaking my head.

Harley didn't seem too thrilled that she was at their dorm room. "I thought I told you to pick Oliver and Riley up from the hotel?,"she said bluntly, sitting on her bed and kicking off her heels. "Since you didn't wanna go to church, I gave you something to do."

Zoe shrugged. "You guys had the car."

"Couldn't you have gotten a ride with one of your little boyfriends?," Harley zipped the back of her dress down.

"Harley,"I whispered to her with furrowed brows and a cocked head.

"What?,"she whispered back. "She's high. She's basically a walking flag right now."

"I'm not high, Harley,"Zoe sat on her bed and put her legs up. "I didn't take them anywhere because Flynn told me to leave them at home."

Harley looked red. She probably felt bad about what she had said.

I sat down beside her and tried to cheer them both up. "'Hey Flynn.' Hey Zoe. 'How was church?' 'Pretty okay, other than the fact that I wore skinny jeans and a t-shirt in a crowd of suits and dresses, I think it was great. Oh yeah! And I fell asleep, and hit my head on the back of the pew.'"

Zoe stared at me with wide eyes. "Oh my God-"

"Was the exact reaction of fifty percent of the congregation."

Harley snorted then she covered her mouth and started to snicker.

"That really happened?,"Zoe looked at her.

Harley nodded trying to catch her breath. "Everybody behind us was waiting for him to hit his head. No body was paying attention to the pastor. And when he hit his head it echoed throughout the church. Everyone in front turned around to see what happened. Even the pastor stopped talking."

Zoe laughed. "Oh my goodness. That's terrible."

"I know,"I shook my head. "And she made it worse. She literally whispered say amen to me."

"And you did it?"

"And I did it."

Zoe covered her mouth with both hands. "I feel so sorry for you right now."

"I feel sorry for me too...Harley and I are going to go get Riley and Oliver now, okay?"

Harley looked at me with furrowed brows.

"Okay,"Zoe replied still trying to control her laughter.

I held Harley's hand and stood up.

She followed me out of the room and we started making our way down the hallway again. "What just happened?"