Chapter 7- Respect

Oliver P.O.V:

      I walked beside the most perfect being I had ever laid my eyes on. As someone who stayed in his house day and night I never thought about love or friendship. My goal for college was to walk in and walk out with straight A's but now I couldn't even think straight.

     We walked down the sidewalk in silence then she looked up at me.

I quickly turned away.

She looked at the ground and a smile hit her cheeks. "So..Oliver."

I slowly looked down at her.

She looked up at me with dark eyes and glowing brown skin. The moonlight was sending me a message that I couldn't understand.

I cleared my throat. "Uhumm?"

She bit the corner of her lip and turned away. "You're home schooled, right?"

"Yeah,"I answered with a trembling voice.

"Must've been cool."

"It..it was...But..I wish I'd gone to school."

"Why?"

"I don't know...I don't know how to communicate with other people."

"Clearly,"she giggled. "I'm guessing you didn't mean any of what you said to me. You were just trying to flirt."

"I did...mean it. I just didn't know that girls hated it...Hayden taught me to flirt yesterday. Wasn't the best lesson."

She smirked. "My advice? Girls like me who are sane don't enjoy that kind of flirting. Be yourself."

"I don't think being myself is the best idea. I had a girlfriend once."

"Really?,"she raised her brow at me.

"Yeah. My mom home schooled her for a while too and with my inexperience and her thirst for blue eyed blondes, we thought we could make it work. We were sixteen and she wanted to lose her 'virgin card' so she took me to my own room and tried to play out a scene from American Pie on me. Jammed her knee into my crotch at least four times and thought the sounds I was making meant I was enjoying myself. Which I totally was not."

She laughed. "That's terrible."

"Yep. Turns out, she was my dad's sister's husband's niece."

"So your second cousin?"

"..Yep."

"Oh my-,"she covered her mouth then she started to laugh.

"We didn't do anything though...other than make out."

"Never repeat that story."

"Why? What's wrong with it?"

She looked at me. "You know what's wrong with it."

"You're right. I do."

She giggled then her legs began to give way. "Whoa!"

I quickly grabbed her by her waist and held her steady.

She stared at me then she regained her balance. "Thank you..for that."

"No problem,"I looked down. I cleared my throat. "Are the shoes yours?"

"Yeah. My sister forced me to buy them this morning. But I'm not going to wear them ever again."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes."

"Okay." I stepped in front of her and knelt down on one knee. "Put your hand on my shoulder and lift your foot for me."

She put her hand on my shoulder with arched brows, then lifted her foot to me.

I took her shoe off and held her ankle resting her foot down on my knee.

She had an uncomfortable look on her face, that I could tell what for.

I took a Swiss army knife out of my pocket then I cut of the sole and heel of the shoe. I held her ankle again and slipped it back on then I looked up at her switching my knee.

She looked at me with furrowed brows then she lifted her other foot.

I repeated what I had done before then I stood up and threw the heels in the dumpster near by.

She walked over to me with folded arms. "Thank you..for helping me with my shoes."

"No problem,"I looked down at her. I had never paid attention to how short she was but I was almost twice her height. She must've been five feet.

She squinted at me then she slowly turned away.

We walked in silence for rest of the way then we started to approach her building.

I looked down at her with my hands in my pockets.

"I guess I have to thank you again huh?"

"You've already thanked me enough for one night."

She nodded then she started walking away. She stopped then quickly turned around. "Hey....when you were down on one knee...why didn't you look under my dress?"

"Why would I do something so stupid?"

She stared at me, then a smile spread across her face. "Bye, Oliver."

"Bye,"I waved at her. I watched her walk into through the doors then I started walking down the sidewalk.

There was a standard morally that I was taught to uphold as a child. Any other boy would take it as an opportunity to glance under a girl's dress but I was taught to respect women. And I knew that she would look at me differently if she caught me looking under her dress. If you want respect, you respect others.