Chapter 65- Stories

Flynn P.O.V:

      I sat in the car glancing at Danny in the rear view mirror. She sat picking at her nails. Riley sat beside me with an anger vein printed on her temple.

I took a deep breath then I opened my mouth. "You know I was in a love triangle twice-"

Riley sighed loudly.

"No, no. Just listen. The first one wasn't love... Well, between me and my then girlfriend. I was in love with the other girl. Harley."

Riley turned to me.

"And we cheated. She had a boyfriend at the time and as it turned, he was cheating on her too. But that's another story....We were in the same situation you both, and Oliver are in right now."

"How did you handle it?,"Danny folded her arms.

"Well..we kept it secret for a while... And that's where the second love triangle came in. To make it seem like we didn't have feelings for each other, Harley said she was gay."

Riley and Danny giggled. "What happened after that?,"Riley smiled.

"Well, my then girlfriend got her a girlfriend, who fake dated her until she decided she wanted her herself."

Their smiles wiped off.

"We're talking about Eva, aren't we?,"Riley turned away.

I didn't answer her.

"Who's Eva?,"Danny furrowed her brows.

"A girl who wanted to be liked by everyone in the world,"I frowned. "She wanted everyone to love her. Those who would hate who she said she was and those who would only love her for that. Eventually both sides decided that they didn't want her..and Harley was too deep in a coma to do anything to help her."

"Why was she in a coma?"

"Because she pushed Harley down her front steps and tried to kill her,"Riley said with an angry look on her face. "That's all the kids at school talked about for months. We all hated Flynn...we thought he caused it. But Eva was sick-"

"Eva needed help,"I looked at her. "Everyone has a story and hers wasn't the best. She wasn't born with pain. It was pushed on her and no one wanted to help her. So she did what Oliver tried to do."

"And you saw the whole thing."

"I didn't move fast enough...But that's besides the point. The point is..everyone has a reason for their actions. Riley led Oliver on because she knew deep down that she wanted to be with him and Danny's doing what she's doing now because?,"I looked at her in the rear view mirror.

"What am I doing now?,"I squinted at me.

"You're sitting in a car with us on your way to find Oliver after being the reason he's in a car with a bunch of guys because..."

"Because I've manifested my anger towards my cheating father into this belief that Oliver deserves his punishment."

My eyes grew. That was not what I was expecting.

"Did..did your father cheat on your mother?,"Riley stared at her.

"Yeah...He couldn't keep it in his pants so he cheated. My mother didn't believe in divorce so they stayed together."

I frowned.

"Oh,"Riley sat back in her seat.

"Flynn's right. Everyone has a story. I forgive you both and..I hope you can forgive me too."

Riley nodded. "As long as Olly's not dead somewhere I'm fine with forgiving you-" Her phone started ringing. She looked at it. "It's Wallis. What the actual-"

"Answer it,"I said watching the blue Mercedes of frat boys drive past us.

She quickly put it to her ear. "What!,"she shouted. "Oliver? Why are you....No. Tell me where you are.....I said I'm not going. Well see you back at the house." She hung up.

"Was that Oliver?"

"Yes. And he wants to go out for coffee with Wallis."

"You should go too,"Danny said finally having a genuine smile.

"No. Why should I give that twisted-"

"Everyone has a story, remember?"

"He doesn't have-"

"Trust me,"Danny tilted her head. "He has a story."