Chapter 58- I Fell For Him

Flynn P.O.V:

       I pulled my suitcase into the dorm to find Danny sitting on Oliver's bed.

"H..hi,"I furrowed my brows, pulling my case to the corner. "What are you doing-"

She looked up at me with tears in her eyes and an open envelope in her hand. "He was so special to me,"she shrugged. "If I'd only tried harder-"

"What are you talking about..trying harder?,"I sat down on my bed. "You tried harder than the rest of us."

"I called him so many times before I got back...told my parents that I needed to see him. I knew what he was going to do."

I bowed my head.

"The stupid thing about all of this is that I fell for him. I was in love with him and all I wanted to do was wait for him. Now, there's no reason... How did he do it?"

"....Well..he cut his arm and tried to drown himself-"

"Tried?,"she sat up.

"Yeah. He's recovering right now. He has pneumonia but he's going to be fine-"

"Really?,"her eyes lit up. She looked at the paper in her hand. "Then..maybe I shouldn't send this. I mean..it's a suicide note-"

"What?,"I quickly walked over to her.

"He asked me to mail it as soon as I got back,"she looked up at me as I sat beside her.

"Why did you open it?"

"Because I was curious and I had the feeling..that he was already gone. I thought reading it would give me closure...But it's so terrible that I couldn't read it to the end. He says so much stuff about his pain. Riley was one of the reasons he stayed...He loved her. And here I was thinking she was the one trying to get into his pants-"

I took the note from her and quickly folded it back, then I put it in the envelope.

"What are you doing? Are you going to mail it?"

I stood up and walked over to Oliver's dresser. I opened it and put the letter on him clothes. "Oliver and his family are better now. It's up to him what he wants to do with the letter."

She nodded then she bowed her head. "What am I supposed to do about my feelings?"

I stared at her, then I sat beside her. "You'll get over him one day. Right now, the best thing to do is wait for him to get back. When he does-"

"Tell him how I feel?"

"No. Show him support. Let him know that you still care. Not in the way that you're hoping... But a way that let's him know you haven't given up on him. That you're still his friend."

"But I don't want to be his friend. I don't want to be near him. He broke my heart."

"Then why'd you come here? Why were you going to mail the note if you hate him so much?"

She slowly bowed her head.

I put my hand on hers. "Love can make us do the dumbest things. If you think staying away is the best thing to do, then do it. But if you think you can be selfless like you always have been..then stay." I stood up and walked over to my bag. "Now, I'm gonna go get myself something to eat." I took out my wallet. "If you want to come with me-"

"I did something to him."

I turned to her.

"At the park."

"What park?"

She stared at me then she shook her head and smiled. "Never mind. Of course I'll get something to eat with you." She stood up and walked over to the door.

"Great,"I shrugged off what she had said before and followed her out for the dorm.