Chapter 30- Stays There

Flynn P.O.V:

     We sat in the car all in silence. Oliver and Riley sat in the back and all they did was give each other weird glances. Riley looked happy but Oliver...he looked just as miserable as the guy I found in his hotel room. No red nose and eyes but the pain was covering his face. Even his smiles couldn't mask it.

Harley looked over at me a few times but I never returned a look. I didn't want her to see that I was upset with her. Why the hell was she so caught up in Oliver and Riley's business? I was here for her, not for them. This was supposed to be our weekend and-

"Flynn!," she shouted causing me to wake up from my trance.

I quickly turned to her stopping the car.

She looked terrified and Oliver and Riley sat frozen.

I turned to the road. The light had changed to red and people were crossing the street. I let out a sigh. "I'm so sorry,"I waved at the people as some of them hurled curse words at me.

Harley rubbed my arm. "It's okay...Are you..okay?"

I nodded. "Yeah." I stared at the light, waiting for it to change. Everyone in the car stared at me.

As soon as the light turned green, I quickly drove off.

We got out of the car and started following Harley into the dormitory.

Oliver quickly grabbed my arm. "Hey, are you sure you're okay?"

"Never better,"I smiled at him then I walked away.

We walked down the hallway then stood at Harley's dorm waiting for Zoe to open the door.

She opened it and quickly stepped out all dressed up.

"Where are you going?" Harley stepped in front of her.

"To a party," Zoe giggled. "Actually, the party that I told you about weeks ago." She looked at me. "It's this epic party one of our classmates invited us to. Well, he invited Harley-"

I raised my brows.

"-but Harley ignored the invitation. I'm not going to miss it...You guys should come."

Harley shook her head. "No-"

"Of course,"I quickly cut her off with a smile. "I mean, it's up to Harley. Right?,"I looked at her.

"I was going to say n-"

"I mean, it's Saturday night..in New York. And we weren't going to do anything..were we?"

She glared at me.

It felt good to annoy her, after months of not even seeing her face. I felt a bit guilty but if fighting got her attention then I was in. 

Riley clapped. "We should go," she grinned. "It would be fun to see what college parties are like in New York. I heard they're fun."

Oliver started to nod. "Yeah..we should..we should go."

Everyone turned to Harley.

She kept glaring at me then she smiled at Riley. "Let's go get ready." She grabbed her hand and pulled her into the room.

Zoe quickly followed them, shutting the door.

I looked at Oliver.

He folded his arms and shook his head at me. "Really?"

"Really what?"

"What is up with you?"

"What's up with you?," I shrugged and shook my head.

"Me-,"Oliver chuckled. "Harley obviously doesn't want to go to the party-"

"Hey, could you keep it down?," I grabbed his shirt and pulled him down the hall, then I pulled him in front of me. "I know she doesn't want to go."

"So why are we going?"

"Because..,"I froze. "Because-"

"You're trying to upset her, aren't you?
Why would you do that?"

"I've been trying to get her to talk about us but all she does is talk about you and Riley-"

"Isn't that all you did?"

"What?"

"Back home, all you did was talk about my problems with Riley to her. As far as I can see, you're both just focusing on other people and not yourselves. If I were you-"

"If you were me you wouldn't have a girlfriend right now because from what I see you don't deserve one."

Oliver froze. "I don't... I don't understand-"

"Well, that's a first."

He stared at me then he shook his head. "I may be socially awkward but I get what's going on here and it's my cue to walk away-"

"Because you're afraid I call you out on your bullshit-"

"What bullshit!"

"You're cheating on Danny with Riley. And you're playing on both of their emotions. Do you know the consequences of that-"

"You know what? You need to stop giving me relationship advice since you can't seem to control your own-"

"Says the guy who wept all day in his boxers in a f*cking hotel room over a girl who didn't give a crap."

He stared at me, then he slowly turned around and started walking down the hallway.

I was about to call him out and apologize and tell him that what I said wasn't true..but I had too much pride. I was over the whole "caring for others by being selfless" thing. Screw friendship. The guy didn't deserve anything he had. Not me, Danny or Riley and certainly not Harley's time. At first, that was how I felt but things changed.