Chapter 43- Secret

Oliver P.O.V:

    I put my hand on my forehead and rolled over on my back. I looked over at Flynn's bed to see that he hadn't come back yet. I put my hands in my chest and stared at the ceiling. He must've really thought I was stupid. Or that I wouldn't try to figure it out. The noose was meant for me.

Wallis knew what I did as I kid and he must've thought it would be funny to play that kind of joke on me. Probably a warning.

Riley hadn't realized it but the reason why Wallis never expected her to go for a guy like me was because he saw me as this fragile kid who needed help. I was and I did. And I knew that once he told her about me, I would be over. Flynn would look at me like an abandoned puppy and Riley would look at me like a freak.

I got of bed and threw on some clothes. Wallis never went to class so I knew he'd be at his dorm. I knew he probably wanted to kill me, but I was willing to take the risk to keep my secret kept that way.

I walked down the hallway trembling as if there was snow on the floor. I knocked on the door and waited in embarrassment. I was about to beg an enemy. I was basically waving a white flag.

The door opened and Wallis groaned then grabbed me by my shirt. "Are you here to get your ass wooped again-"

"No- just..Let me go."

He squinted then he let my shirt go with a smirk. "I know why you're here. Need a new one?"

"New what?"

"I know Flynn tore down your first one, but I have something much better." He reached for something inside the room, then he held a blade out in front of me. "My friend Mark said I should've left you this instead but I said 'nah',"he crinkled his nose.  "'Oliver's afraid of his own blood'."

I clenched my first then I sighed trying to seem hard. "Listen, man. You've gotta stop this before..."

"Before Riley finds out what you did? Yeah-no. Not gonna happen. Besides, you're smart. You should already see that that's the plan anyway."

I looked down then I felt a tear hit my shoe. "Please..I can't..,"I looked at him,"I can't loose what I have."

He stared at me, then he shook his head. "Look, Oliver. The truth will come out eventually. You obviously haven't changed from the wimp you were before-"

"But you have. My mother let you eat with us after church. You acted like such a good kid."

"What can I say? The bitch was a good cook-"

Before I knew it, I had punched him in the already crooked nose. I felt my chest suddenly tighten.

Dazed, he stumble backwards. He chuckled. "You're lucky I don't feel like it today."

Wide eyed, I quickly turned around. I walked away pretending to be cool but hitting him didn't feel good, neither did my arms and back.

I walked back into my dorm to find Flynn and Riley sitting in the room.

Riley walked over to me with a box. "Donuts."

I took the box, trying to smile at her. But there were tears in my eyes. I looked down then I began to weep.

"Hey,"she took the box back and put it on the floor. Then she rubbed my back and led me over to my bed.

I sat down wiping my tears on my sleeves.

Riley rubbed my arm, then she put her head on my shoulder. "Tell me what happened."

I shook my head and composed myself as best as I could. "Nothing,"I smiled, then chuckled. "Nothing happened." Nothing yet.