Chapter 51- Not This Time

Oliver P.O.V:

         I sat on the sand holding my phone and the blade. I wasn't a good swimmer so it was an either or situation. Half full, half empty. It was either I suddenly gained the skill to swim when I changed my mind or I didn't and fully drowned..like I was intending. Cutting my wrists would be like drinking some of the water out of the cut. I needed to. There was no turning back.

I dialed Riley's number and sat waiting for her to pick up.

"Oliver?"

I immediately began to weep. "I love you so much."

"I..Are you okay?"

"No. I'm about to do something really stupid and I just needed to talk to you before I do it."

"Is that water- Oh God!...Oh God- Oliver what are you doing-"

"I'm so tired. I need to do this."

"You go to church, right? You know you're gonna go to hell for this-Oliver please,"she started to cry.

"I'm sorry."

"Oliver, I lov-"

I hung up, then walked over to a garbage can threw the phone away. I couldn't litter. Riley was right when she said I was going to hell. I didn't want to rub it in God's face that I was a bad person. I had already burned down one of his churches.

I walked into the cool water and dug my feet into the sand. Then I put the blade on my wrist. I stared at it. This was it. The end of my story. "Another Broken Kid".

I looked at the moon one more time then I screamed and dropped to my knees. "Why does everything have to be this way?,"I stared at the sky hoping God was willing to paying attention to me..hoping he wasn't like everyone else who just didn't care enough. "I don't understand...I don't get why everyone's so caught up in themselves. EVERYONE only cares about the way they look to themselves  and not how others should see them. We're so sick that we've become so self centered-full of ourselves. I can't do this anymore. I can't live in a world where I make one mistake and everyone else looks at me like I can't change- Like I haven't changed....I deserve to be punished for it...for what I've done. But if having everyone look down on me is my punishment, I don't think I can handle it anymore....Please God...if you think that I deserve to live...stop me from doing this. Send me some kind of sign."

*  *  *

Flynn P.O.V:

     "Harley,  stop crying,"I shouted trying my best not to freak out. Oliver's house was miles away. I knew we wouldn't get to him in time if we stopped there...and she knew it too.

"I can't,"she wept. "We should've been there for him-"

"Harley, we were having thanksgiving dinner with your family-"

"We were having sex."

I sighed. "We couldn't do anything where we were...We're far away....But I could've..I could've spoken to him when he was down..I should've stayed with him in our dorm. He's doing this because I wouldn't listen,"tears filled my eyes.

Harley finally stopped crying. She put her hand on my shoulder. "He's doing this for many reasons, Flynn. You could've helped but you're not responsible. We're not. All we can do now is stop him-"

My phone began to buzz. "Oh God. It might be him."

Harley put it on speaker and rested it on the dashboard. "Oliver?"

"No,"Riley said with a weeping voice.

"Oh God,"Harley began to cry again.

"You know?"

"He called,"I cleared my throat.

"I'm getting into my car right now. I think I know where he is."

*  *  *

Oliver P.O.V:

      I sat in the water waiting for my sign. It had been a half an hour of waiting so I decided it was time. Weeping, I slowly stood. I lifted the blade and rested it on my wrist. I quickly dragged it across my arm cutting myself. The cut was deep..but it wasn't deep enough... And I couldn't go further. The blood ran down my arm and dripped unto the salty ocean water. The water that I was about to become one with.

    I slowly made my way into the water, getting deeper and deeper until my head was completely submerged. I held my breath for a while thinking. Thinking that maybe, just maybe I should stop this. That I was being an idiot. That I was being selfish and naive. But that was just it. I had never been this selfish or crazy. I always cared about how it would affect others when I never affected them positively when I was a with them. Just creating a weight on their lives.

I stopped holding my breath...it was time to let go. The water began to fill my nose and mouth. Oh God. I was beginning to drown and it felt terrible. I gasped for air but only water came. It was so painful...Everything felt painful. Life. The end of it.

I slowly shut my eyes. God... forgive me.

*  *  *
Flynn P.O.V:

       Riley and I almost crashed cars racing to the beach. A car was parked on the grassy patch. It had to be him. Riley said he would be there.

     She got out of her car and ran down to the beach in her night gown. "Oliver!,"she screamed. Then she froze.

Harley and I quickly got out of her car and ran to meet her. All I could think while running was "Oh God. There's a body."

I stood beside her. "He..he isn't here."

"No, he has to be,"Riley quickly took out her phone and dialed his number.

We heard his ring tone start to go off in a garbage can.

Harley quickly ran over to it and dug the phone out.

I walked into the water in tears then I stepped on something sharp. I jumped and hissed then I stooped down and picked it up. It was a blade.