Chapter 68- Sad Music Makes It Worse

Oliver P.O.V:

     I sat on my bed trying to study for my finals. Because I had missed a few weeks which meant I had to pass these exams with flying colors. I sighed and turned to Flynn.

He had been quiet for the past few days and he was laying on his bed with headphones over his ears. I could hear his music from where I was.

I cleared my throat. "Uh- Flynn?"

He blinked heavily so I knew he heard me.

"Flynn,"I said louder.

He took the headphones off and turned to me.

"Could you turn your music down a bit?"

"Sure,"he flashed a smile at me, then he put his headphones back on.

The music went down a bit but I could still hear it.

Trying to be nice, I tried to ignore it. But I couldn't think straight. "Flynn..Shouldn't you be studying?"

He turned to me and shrugged.

"You're just listening to music."

"I'm breaking up with Harley."

I sighed, not realizing what he had said. "Flynn, you need to study. You have an exam tomorrow and you can't afford to fail it. Post Maroon isn't going to do your exam for you."

"It's Post Malone."

I rolled my eyes. "If you're not studying I need to."

I furrowed his brows at me. "You're right. I should leave you alone." He sat up on slipped his sneakers on.

"Where are you going?"

"For a walk."

"Why?"

"Because I'm bugging you."

"I'm sorry, man. It's just.. the music  sounds depressing and it screwing up my study mood."

"You're one to speak."

I glared at him.

"I'm sorry...,"he frowned.

I slowly shut my book. "Are you okay?"

He looked away then he shook his head with tears in his eyes.

I pushed my books aside. "Let's talk about whatever's hurting you."

He walked over to me and sat beside me. "I have to break up with Harley."

"You..You have to? Why? What's going on?"

"I don't love her anymore."

"Then why are you crying?"

"Because it's going to break her when I tell her,"he wept.

"Flynn,"I sighed.

He covered his eyes with his palms. "I feel so embarrassed."

"About crying? Flynn, you don't have to be embarrassed," I rubbed his upper arm.

"What am I going to do? How am I supposed to break up with the girl I've been in love with for as long as I can remember?"

I stared at him. "I don't..I don't know. I can't tell you that. But I know that she'll understand-"

"No, you don't,"he looked at me. "You don't know her. She'll die inside because she'll think it's her fault. And you know what? It is. She treats me like I'm the last thing she thinks about- probably doesn't think about me at all."

I stared at him. He was crying angry tears. It almost seemed like he had hatred in his eyes.

"And I'm so stupid that I'm waiting two weeks to leave her. Haven't heard from her in day because the few calls I got from her..I just hung up. She probably knows what's coming. And I don't know why but I like to think that she might be suffering right now...Worrying about me. Actually taking time out of her schedule to think about me."

I didn't know what to say to him. He always knew what to say to me but I had no advice to give. He lived across the street from this girl. Almost worshipped her. I had never seen him so heartbroken.

"I should've never let her go so far away. I should have begged her to stay. I should've proposed to her."

"You should've what?" I chuckled then I quickly stopped when he glared at me.

"I know it's stupid but her dad said it was okay. He said it was worth the risk."

"Her dad told you that?"

"Yeah... I begged him to let me propose to her and he kept telling me no. Then he gave up and told me that I should try. He said we would probably break up anyway. And look where I am."

I looked down. "You have two weeks to break up with Harley. You have tonight to get ready for your exams. Worrying about your break up can wait. Right now, you need to cram for your exam...I'm going to help you."

"Really?,"he stared at me with furrowed brows.

"Sure...I'm ready for my test anyway."

"Thank you..really,"he smiled.

"No problem."

He got up to get his books.

I frowned behind his back. I wasn't ready.