Chapter 15- Books Before Boys

Oliver P.O.V:

     I sat on my bed watching Flynn argue with the wall...Well not the wall. He was facing it with his phone to his ear. He and Harley had their first fight since she left for college. And I had never seen him so emotional.

"Harley, all I want is for you to call sometime, or at least answer my texts....I get that you're in classes but you don't reply to me until the next day, most of the time....I love you, okay? But if we don't communicate....I know that you try, but please...try harder.....Oh my- Okay...fine. You're right..You can go....I..love you..Hello?"

He hung up the phone and pulled his arm back about to throw it at the wall.

"Hey,"I quickly stood up. "Don't..don't make that mistake."

He sighed and looked at the floor with pouted lips. Then he turned to me and sat on his bed.

"What happened?"

"She ended the conversation with exactly what we're arguing about. She's putting school before me."

"Isn't that what she's supposed to do? I mean, books before boys, right?,"I chuckled then stopped when I remembered that that wasn't something to do in a serious situation. Especially when it's your friend getting hurt. Bad Oliver.

He looked at his hands and shook his head. "She's right but..she's pushing me aside....Funny thing about it is that Zoe was the one who was all hell bent on getting them both perfect schedules, study times and good grades. The other day Harley called me complaining that Zoe was hanging out with friends when they had a class. Even Zoe thinks she should take breaks now."

I wasn't good with advice and in this case what was I supposed to say? Girl, get your hair done, buy yourself some new shoes and move on! Having an older sister is great. Listening to her give her friends bad advice is better. But at least she did that...gave advice. I couldn't even do that.

He suddenly smiled at the floor. "But I know her. She'll get over it,"he shrugged. "Anyway, Riley texted me earlier. We're going out for pizza."

I felt nauseous. A week had passed by since she expressed how she felt to me and I realized that I felt something for her. I felt sorry for her. And I wanted to be her friend. But then there was this other side of me that couldn't keep my hands to my sides around her. I often found myself brushing her hair with my hand or holding hers. Sometimes my hand even found itself on her thigh.

I couldn't go. I shouldn't have gone. But pizza was my weakness.

Flynn sat staring at me. "So? Are we finally going to face her?"

I looked at the wooden rectangles on the floor then it came to me. "If Danny comes."

Flynn raised his brows. "R..Really? You want Danny to come?"

"Yeah. She might actually help me keep myself under control."

"Something I haven't been trying to do all month."

I tilted my head. "Flynn-"

"No,"he stood up holding his head up high. "It's fine. You'll learn sooner or later. I'm the one who cares. These girls have nothing on me and they can't take away what we have."

"Which is?"

He bat his eyes. "Love,"he walked over to the door.

I shook my head and smiled, following him to the door.

*  *  *

Harley P.O.V:

      I sat on my bed in tears. Flynn and I were fighting...WE were fighting. I thought we were fine. I mean..I wasn't calling him often and I couldn't answer his texts all the time. But when you're busy, everything you do seems like alot. Even talking to him felt like a lot of effort had to be put into it. Knowing I had essays to write..I couldn't talk to him for hours like he wanted.

    Zoe walked back into our dorm with a bong in her hand. "Don't worry. It's not mines and I didn't use it,"she giggled then froze when she saw me. She quickly put the bong down and rushed over to me. "What's wrong?,"she climbed unto my bed.

"Flynn..,"I started to cry. "He says I don't seem to try to make our L.D.R. work."

"What's L.D.R. again?"

"Long distance relationship."

"Oh yeah."

"I just have so much on my plate-"

"You still have time to drop a class or two."

"And have to redo them when I'm doing so well? I think I'm fine."

"You're relationship isn't. At least fit Flynn into your schedule. He loves you and you love him and I know it's hurting him that you're far away."

I pretended to agree but in my heart I was furious at him for not telling me to stay.