Chapter 70- Road Trip

Oliver P.O.V:

      I shoved my luggage in Flynn's trynk after Riley. We were all going to drive home together. Sure, it would be a five to six hour drive but we were friends who enjoyed each others' company. This would be fine.

Flynn walked over to the front of the car and got in.

"Do you wanna ride shot gun?" I looked at Riley.

"I always ride shotgun," she winked at me then she walked over to the front door.

I shook my head and chuckled getting into the backseat. I leaned foward, putting both a hand on Riley's stomach, then I adjusted her chair, pushing it foward with the other.

"Hey," she looked back at me. "What's your problem?"

"That I can't get squished back here for five hours," I raised my brows.

"What did you say?" She smiled at me. "Squished?"

"Yeah, squished."

She suddenly stared at me. "I love you."

"I love you too."

She kissed my forehead, then she pushed my shoulder with a grin. "Sit back, big guy."

I sat back with red cheeks. My eyes ran over to Flynn. He was staring at me in the rear view mirror. He looked both jealous and sad.

He quickly looked away and started the car. "Guess we have a road trip ahead of us. It's three thirty-five A.M. We should be in our home town by seven."

"Can we pray first?" I stopped him before we could drive off.

They both looked back me.

"I'm not an atheist, remember?"

Flynn sighed. "Harley wants me to get back into church with her. So I have to start praying again, anyway."

I shot a look at Riley.

She was looking at me with wide eyes. She looked at him and cleared her throat.

His face lit up with memory then it went glum. "Oh.. oh yeah.." He turned back around and we drove off.

"That's alright," I shook my head. "I'll pray..alone... in my head-"

Riley quickly turned back to me. "Remember me in your prays."

I sighed, rolling my eyes and praying in my mind. "There. I prayed for the trip home to have no conflict or accidents."

"Conflict?" Flynn looked at me in the mirror. "Do you really think that we can't sit in a car together without having conflict?"

"I prayed that we won't so I guess we won't. If you can handle it, actually."

"Handle what?"

"Well, I make jokes, like I just did, and you get offended-"

"You're the one who gets offended-"

"Flynn," Riley stopped him before he could start something," Oliver's challenged us both, since he's the only one who never starts any problems-"

I sighed. "That's not what I-"

"So let's just accept it and see if we can last five hours.... Something Oliver can't even last one of-"

Flynn laughed.

I rolled my eyes. "Ha, ha. So funny I forgot to laugh."

"How old are you?" Riley shook her head. "You used to say that when we picked on you when we were kids."

"When up bullied me, you mean?"

Her smile faded, then it suddenly came back with squinted eyes. "You're taunting me. He's taunting me, Flynn."

"Oh, is he?" Flynn looked at her then back at the road. "Since you're so good with combacks, maybe you should hit him with another one. This time about his pens size."

She glared at him and I chuckled.

"I've got better comebacks than sex ones," she tilted her head at him. "But since you're secretly gay and in love with Oliver-"

Flynn chuckled and shook his head.

"-just let you know, he's probably a little above average. Which is twice your size."

I laughed.

Flynn looked at me and smiled. "Don't flatter yourself, Olly. Your girlfriend's basically saying she's seen my junk."

My smile wiped off. "She hasn't... Have you?" I looked at her.

She raised he brow. "If I told you that, I would have to kill you."

I smiled at her then I looked down at my hands. "Uh.. How'd you guys do this semester?"

"Why? Do you wanna dis my grade?" Riley leaned back in her chair and opened a granola bar. She handed one to me.

"Thanks," I took it, holding it like communion bread. "No.. I just want to know."

"Well," she grinned," I got two As and a B."

"That's great," Flynn high fived her. "I got four As. What about you Oliver? How'd you do?"

I felt my heart sink. A fake smile hit my cheeks. "My usual," I lied.

They both gave me congratulating nod.

I had gotten my first B and A-. My test score had dropped after I had failed my midterm. But I couldn't tell Flynn. I couldn't be the one to start conflict.