Chapter 71- Christmas Vacation

Flynn P.O.V:

      I drove my car into the parking lot to find Harley sitting on my front step. My heart made a lump in my throat as I pulled the key out of the ignition. I sat in the car for a minute sharing an awkward but clear stare with her. We were about to have the talk.

I took a deep breath, knowing I had come home to an empty house. My mother was at work and my brothers were in school. I was hoping to get some rest but with Harley on my doorstep, I knew it wasn't going to happen.

I opened the door and got out with a forced smile.

She stood up with her fake one, folding her arms. "Hi,"she tilted her head.

"Hey,"I walked over to her with my hands shoved in my pockets.

She opened her arms for a hug and I slowly leaned in, wrapping my arms around her.

I squeezed her, holding back my tears. I could feel her struggling to get away. She didn't really want to hug me.

I let her go and cleared my throat. "I have to get my suitcase out of the car."

"That's fine,"she shrugged," I'll wait."

I nodded with pursed lips.

She stared at me with a bit of a glare in her look.

Not caring about why she looked at me that way, I walked over to my car and popped the trunk. I shut my eyes and rested my hand on my suitcase. I couldn't face her yet. Not this fast. I wasn't ready. I wasn't ready to leave her.

I grabbed my suitcase and slammed my trunk shut, making my way back up the steps. I unlocked the front door and walked inside with Harley following behind me.

I was hoping she would give me some space, but instead she followed me into my room like a lost puppy.

She sat on my bed staring at her collage portrait on the wall.

I swallowed really hard staring at her as she smiled at the artwork. I was going to take it down the moment she left my room.

"I'm surprised you still have that,"she smiled at me rubbing her hands together.

"Why?" I furrowed my brows. "I was in love with you when I put it back together."

She nodded then looked at the floor. "Are you still..in love with me?" Her eyes met mine again, staring at me as if she could read my mind.

I couldn't break up with her before Christmas. I couldn't mess up our vacation. So I smiled and walked over to her, sat on the bed and kissed her forehead. Then I lied to her face. I thought I lied. "Of course I still love you."

She stared at me with a glare. Not an obvious one. But I could see it. She didn't believe me.

I felt my eyes begin to burn.

She put her hand on my cheek and looked at my lips. Then she kissed me.

I sat still, unsure of what to do. If I pushed her away she would think that something was up. So I just sat there with my eyes shut, hoping that I wouldn't crack.

*  *  *

Harley P.O.V:

       I stared Flynn in the eyes. He was lying to me. He had lied so much around me in the past that I knew what he looked like when he lied. His voice would tremble, he would have a slight frown and his lower eyelid would twitch. This time there was no twitch but by the way he had been acting from the moment he got home, I knew what was going to happen.

I didn't feel sad. I felt furious. Furious that he must've had a girl back at his school giving him what I wasn't. That he forgot about me and stopped loving me as much as I loved him. So I did what I thought would make me feel better.

Staring at his eyes as they slowly filled up with tears, I kissed him so he wouldn't speak... lie farther or tell me the truth.

He didn't kiss me back. He just sat there. And I didn't care.

I wanted to get something out all of the time we had wasted together. And I wasn't going to stop unless he said to. Unless he admitted that he cheated or told me that he was going to dump me. He did none of that.

I pushed him flat on his back and slipped out of my flower covered dress, throwing it on the floor.

His eyes didn't even drift once from mine. He just laid there with bleak look on his face.

I felt my heart crumbling, so I quickly leaned forward and kissed him to ignore it.

As my chest pressed against his, I could feel his heart racing in his chest.

I lifted his shirt and slipped it over his head waiting for him to stop me at any moment.

He just stared at me with the same grim look on his face.

I started unbuckling his belt and he finally grabbed me.

"Harley," he said with red cheeks and glittering eyes.

He slowly sat up, putting his hand on my chin. He leaned closer and pressed his lips against mine. His fingers ran to the back of my neck as he moved closer to me. I could feel them trembling on my skin.

I let my hands unbuckle his belt, then I pulled his jeans down to his knees.

He looked at me with tearful, dazed eyes.

I felt tears fill mine and quickly leaned closer to him, sitting on his lap.

He leaned back, shutting his eyes. A tear ran down the side of his face.

I frowned, pulling the sheet over my back.