Chapter 57- Lost In Me

Oliver P.O.V:

    I laid on my bed beside Riley. She stared into my eyes and rubbed my cheek with her thumb.

My mother had gone out with my little brother and sister and niece, so my brother decided to be our look out. He said he'd tell us when they got back home.

"Do you think they'll find someone else in the park like we did some day?,"Riley smiled.

I snickered. "Not likely."

She looked at my lips then she frowned. "It's been two days...School starts back tomorrow and I don't wanna leave you. I can't get over-,"she shut her eyes. "..I can't lose you. And I feel like it's my fault."

"Why?"

"Because I bullied you when we were kids."

"Bullies don't always lead people to suicide, Riley. Don't you remember what I told you? I was lonely...you were there."

She looked into my eyes again, then she pressed her lips against mine.

I leaned back. "I'm sick."

"Doesn't matter...I would walk underwater with you if I have to."

I chuckled. "I think you're supposed to discourage me from-"

She quickly kissed me again.

I kissed her back, shutting my eyes. "I missed this."

"I did too,"she put both hands on my cheeks and kissed me again, then she kissed my nose, then my forehead.

I furrowed my brows and looked at her. "Are you..okay?"

She looked at me with tears in her eyes.

"Riley-"

She quickly hugged me resting her head on my chest and tangling her legs between mine. She began to weep. "I didn't want to cry when Flynn was here yesterday because I felt like it would make him cry too. I couldn't do that to him again. You scared us so bad...All I could think about was burying you. I can't bury you. I can't live without you."

I looked down at her then I pat her head.

She began to tremble. "You make me so confused about how I feel about you." She rubbed her face on my chest. "I want you far away from me...but I don't want you to leave me."

"What are saying, Riley?"

She looked up at me and she slowly put hit her hands on my cheeks again. She looked into my eyes. "We're both so screwed up..,"she kissed me.

I put my hands behind her neck and began to kiss her back.

She tucked her arms between mine, then she wrapped her arms around me neck, moving closer to me.

I wrapped my arms around her back and squeezed her. I was supposed to be dead..not having this moment with the girl I'd loved. This is what I would've missed out on.

She stopped kissing me and opened her eyes.

I opened mines and stared back into hers.

She smiled and ran her fingers through my hair. Her lashes brushed my cheeks. She slowly rudded her nose against my swollen red one then she looked into my eyes again. "I love you-,"she kissed me again.

I furrowed my brows realizing what she'd had said, then I shut my eyes again and pushed my lips against hers. I put my hands on her cheeks and held her head steady, kissing her with tears burning my eyes. I put my hand on her back and pulled her closer to me. Then I rolled on top of her and held her leg on my hip.

She released me and stared up at me with a smile.

I smiled back. "I love you too." I kissed her again.

Her phone began to alarm and she sighed, then she covered her eyes. She started crying again. "I don't want to leave yet."

"You have to go back to school. I'll be fine-"

"I want you to be with me,"she shook her head like a clingy child.

I pried her hands away from her eyes. "You need to go back for me. Go be normal. What I did was stupid but you don't have to punish your grades for it....Go, okay?"

She kissed me then she sat up.

I sat down on the bed and watched her stand.

She picked up her phone. "You'll call right? We're not going to be like Flynn and Harley, are we?"

"Never,"I shook my head.

She kissed me. "I'll see you in three weeks."

"You will."

"I love you."

"I love you too,"I smiled at her, then I watched her walk out of the room.

I laid back on my bed with tears in my eyes. I was so happy Flynn found me. Happy that God sent my miracle. Happy he let me live to learn that Riley loved me back.