Chapter 29- What Happens In New York

Oliver P.O.V:

    Riley stared me in the eyes with dazed ones. She ran her fingers through her hair and tilted her head, resting it on the palm of her hand. Then she looked at my lips. "I shouldn't have pushed you."

"And I shouldn't have lied-"

"You don't have to apologize for anything. I was the stupid one. I knew you were vulnerable so I used you-"

"No you didnt. I wanted you to sleep with me-"

"Oliver...please..just listen, okay?"

I nodded.

She suddenly frowned and looked at my chest. Her hand lifted, and she started to run her fingers along the zip of my sweater. "This morning, before you woke up..Wallis had called."

I blinked, suddenly having this feeling of knowing what she was going to tell me.

"He cussed me a bit and...,"she fought her tears, furrowing her brows and staring at my striped shirt," I just needed something to...I needed someone make me forget. I knew you would do whatever I wanted..so I set you up."

I couldn't hate her. I felt terrible but she was honest. At least I knew she was learning to trust me. But in all of that I felt used. I held her wrist and removed her hand from my sweater.

Her eyes grew as she waited for me to to walk away or shout at her.

But I just smiled. "I understand,"I forced my cheeks to pretend to be happy and stared at her trying to force a chuckle. "I was stupid, but I'm glad we..,"I gulped before I lied,"I'm glad we.."

She furrowed her brows. "Really?"

"Yeah,"I finally chuckled clearing my throat.

A smile hit her cheeks but quickly faded to nervousness. She suddenly looked away. "Can we just agree on something?,"she looked at me again.

"Sure."

"What happens in New York, stays in New York."

My smile gave way. What the hell did she mean by that?

"Agreed?"

"Of course,"I nodded.

"Okay,"she smiled still staring at me with wide eyes. She put her hands on my cheeks and leaned foward pressing her lips against mine.

I furrowed my brows staring at her with open eyes. Then I started to kiss her back out of habit. I wasn't happy. I didn't want to kiss her. What happens in New York? Really? She clearly meant screw and forget. I didn't want that. But she did..and I couldn't lose her to miner morals.

She stopped kissing me and smiled.

I smiled back.

She suddenly stood up. "I'm gonna..go see how Flynn and Harley are doing."

"Okay."

"Coming?"

"No. I think...I just.."

She nodded. Then she walked away.

I sunk into the couch blinking on confused tears. What was I doing?

I slipped my hand into my pocket and took out my phone. Then I dialed the number and put it to my ear.

"Hey Oliver,"Danny answered with a jolly tone.

"Hey,"I said breathlessly, trying not to cry.

"It's like.. seven something. You were supposed to call me yesterday when you get to New York. Did something happen because I was completely worried-"

"I cheated.."

"What?"

"It's chilly..outside's really cold."

She giggled. "Well it is that time up the year in New York......You sound weird. Did you get the cold?"

"No but I do feel a little sick." Sick of myself.

"Awe. I wish I could be there for you. Tell Riley to give you a great big kiss for me."

"Sure,"I wiped my bottom lip knowing that she'd done more than that to me.

"Remember, I like your face."

I smirked. "I..I like your face too."

"Bye-"

I quickly hung up. I was being selfish. I wanted both girls. Why? Because I knew that one wasn't a guarantee. Danny wanted to be with me. She didn't want to use me. She wanted me to follow my beliefs and be the boy my mother wanted me to be. But Riley was like the devil on my shoulder. All I could think about sitting on that couch was bringing her back to our room and spending the next two days in bed. Besides that, my mother would never let me bring her home. She wasn't a fan of her or her family. I had to eventually make a choice but..I wasn't sure if Riley even wanted me to make it.

I stood up and shoved my phone into my back pocket then I walked out the the lobby.

Harley and Riley were walking back into the hotel to come get me.

Riley skipped over to me and held my hand smiling up at me.

I smiled back knowing that fake smiles were my medicine for the weekend. Just a drop of healing power to mask my painful sickness underneath. Hate. For Riley and for myself.