Chapter 24- Angels

Zoe started to unlock the door, and my stomach threw moths around like confetti. "Harley?"

I heard her groan. "What? It's two in the morning Zoe,"she complained. "What do you want?"

I walked into the dorm.

She was facing the wall squeezing her pillow.

"Not studying tonight?,"I joked pulling my suitcase to my side. 

"A boy in our dorm?,"Harley turned to us annoyed, not realizing who it was. "Really? What did I tell you about-,"her eyes grew. She suddenly broke down crying.

"Aww,"I smiled and tears filled my eyes. "Don't cry."

She quickly crawled out of bed and rushed over to me, throwing her arms around me. "What are you doing here?,"she looked up at me.

"For you. I wanted to see you...and Oliver got us plane tickets."

"I would ask but I don't want to talk,"she quickly kissed me.

I looked at Zoe.

She giggled. "I'll see you guys tomorrow." She shut the door behind herself and I immediately started taking off my clothes.

"Wait,"Harley smiled. "I know we haven't done it months but can't you wait."

I froze with my hands on my belt. "Oh no..That's not what I'm doing. Oliver had a really bad time on the plane. If it weren't for Riley, I would have had to stay with him tonight."

"They're both here?,"Harley grinned.

"Yeah, and you're going to meet them tomorrow."

She clapped then she hugged me again. "Whoa,"she squeezed my arms. "You got..skinny."

I frowned. "Is that a bad thing? I never noticed it and I haven't gone to the gym or exercised in months-"

"It's okay,"she smiled. "You can eve get fat, as long as we do it together."

I chuckled, opening my suitcase. "New York is cold."

"Not really,"she shrugged in her long sleeved pajamas. I'm waiting for winter to come. Everything is going to be so beautiful-"

I quickly kissed her. "I love you "

She smiled up at me. "I love you too."

"We need to talk,"I sighed holding both of her hands.

Her smile drifted and she looked down. "Why tonight? Why night tomorrow night? You just got here and I'm exhausted and we have to go to church tomorrow-"

"You still do that?"

"Go to church, Flynn? Really?"

"...Yeah..I thought-"

"That I would give up my beliefs like Zoe and the rest of those kids who move away for college? No way."

"I thought you only went to church for your parents."

"Then you haven't really met the real Harley yet,"she looked up at me. "I do what I want-"

"I know that,"I chuckled. "And I know you. You're loving. If your parent wanted you to go to church you would."

"Well I'm doing this for me...I believe and love God Flynn-"

"Then I will learn to do the same. If he isn't real we'll both look like fools together. And if he is-"

"He is."

"Yeah, sure... I want to be with you and I want his blessing-"

She giggled, then she walked over to her bed and sat down.

I grabbed my pajamas and slipped into them, then I sat down on her bed.

She stared at me then she touched my cheeks and brushed the bags under my eyes with her thumbs. "You're sleepy."

"Very. Oliver kept us up the entire flight. We stayed up packing the night before... and then we played a few video games. But I only stayed up because I thought I would get to sleep on the plane. Instead Oliver puked the entire flight here."

"Aww,"she smiled and pouted her lips. "I don't know why but I just think that's cute. You always complain about him like your bff. He's like a mini Flynn-"

"Mini? No. Kid's six foot three. And nothing like me."

Harley smiled.

"He does remind me of you sometimes."

"Really? Tell me Flynn. What about Oliver, the plane puker, reminds you of me?"

I shrugged. "He's just.. trying to fit in with a world that's not ready for him. He's too good for this place but he's stuck and there's this one thing that's keeping him here."

"What?"

"Love,"I stared into her eyes. "You're both..like angels, I guess."

She blushed. "What makes us angels?"

"Well, firstly...you both love me and that takes a lot."

She giggled. "You would be surprised how easy it is to love you."

I smiled then I looked at the corner of the room. "You both care about others too much to care about about yourselves. I mean, you guys have weird ways of showing it...but you see the good in others and tolerate the bad....You're both these perfect beings that are here to fix those of us who need fixing."

She suddenly grinned. "I feel really nice right now and I know ninety-nine percent of that isn't true but you know I enjoy a good compliment."

I chuckled. "I missed your smile."

"I missed your face...How's Hayden doing? I know May's having a hard time coping with their split."

I furrowed my brows. "What split?"

"You didn't know? They broke up a few weeks ago. Hayden said he had done somethings that he knew she would hate him for and called their relationship off....I thought they were doing better than us...with the whole long distance thing."

I slowly nodded. Hayden had been acting strange.

"I'm surprised he never mentioned it to you. You guys were best friends last I saw you."

"Yeah...Maybe that's what he's been keeping from me. I knew he was lying to me about something but I couldn't tell what it was."

Harley stared at me. A smile spread across her face.

"What?"

"You're here in New York with me. When do you leave?"

"Monday night,"I frowned.

"That's okay,"she held my hand. "We have three days."

"See? You're always positive about everything that makes me depressed...You were made for me. I know it."

She titled her head. "I know it too. That's why I know that you need some sleep." She stood up. "I'll sleep on Zoe's bed."

I stared at her, baffled. "Why?"

She shrugged then she crawled into the bed.

I slowly laid on hers. I didn't understand her. We slept together before. What changed?