Chapter 25- Perfect Knight

Oliver P.O.V:

      I laid on a used hotel bed staring at the ceiling. Used as in slept on by other people. When I bought Flynn the tickets to New York I didn't think I would have to sleep in a hotel. That didn't cross my mind until we started packing. Nor did the thought of having to share a room with Riley.

     The room smelled like bath soap and the heat from the bathroom warmed my cold skin. New York was cold and I hated the cold. I wasn't prepared for the flight..or for any of the things that happened in New York.

     Riley walked out of the bathroom in thick blue pajamas. She sat on her bed and stared at me. Her eyes constantly drifted to my bed and she seemed to be hesitating.

"What?,"I looked at her.

She shrugged, laying on her bed. "Feeling better?"

I nodded. "My stomach hurts a bit but..."

She stared at me waiting for me to finish my sentence.

"...I feel a lot better."

She smiled. "Great." She awkwardly rubbed her lips together and laid flat on her back. About three minutes later, she stretched over to her lamp and shut it off. "Good night."

I cleared my throat. "Good night."

My mind and eye constantly drifted over to Riley. I tried to fall asleep but I couldn't and I could tell she hadn't fallen asleep yet either. I looked at my watch. Time hadn't moved as much as I thought it had. I sighed.

"I fart in my sleep,"I heard a nervous voice echo softly through the black room.

I froze for a second. "..What?"

"I..,"Riley started again. "I fart in my sleep...and I snore..and I laugh...and I talk."

I didn't know how to reply to her. Instead I snorted. Then I slipped a snicker..then I laughed.

She quickly turned her lamp on. "What's so funny?,"she said sitting up with an embarrassed smile.

I looked at her and covered my mouth trying to quit my cackling but I couldn't stop.

"Oliver!,"she shouted. "Stop." Her cheeks turned red.

"I'm sorry,"I wiped the tears from the corners of my eyes. "I just...think it's weird that you had to tell me that."

"I'm just warning you. I don't want you to call a mental hospital to come get me tonight."

"What makes you think those things are crazy?"

She shrugged.

"I know you're not perfect, Riley. I'm not perfect either. Heck, I've sleep walked a couple of times."

"Really?"

"Nah. That's just what I used to tell my mom when she caught me in the fridge after twelve."

She laughed. "I never pictured you as the bad boy type."

"Really? I thought my Iron-man pajamas gave it away."

She giggled and shook her head. "I'm surprised you can fit into those."

I stared at her, then I slipped out of my covers and walked over to her bed.

She stared at me with furrowed brows as I slipped under her covers. "What are you doing?"

I leaned back on the bed frame and fixed the covers on my legs. "I've decided that I'm not going to be that awkward friend to you or Flynn. You were going to crawl into my bed eventually so..I just took a head start for you."

She stared at me then she smiled.

I smiled back. "Are you okay enough to sleep now?"

She nodded with a tear gleaming in her eye then she turned the light off.

I laid down on the pillow and watched her lay beside me.

The New York lights shun through the window and landed perfectly on her face.

She tucked her hand under her pillow and stared at me with a smirk on her cheek. "What you just did was awkward..but it's okay. I like awkward you..and I know you're not perfect."

I smiled.

She slowly turned on her side.

I laid staring at the back of her head. I liked being needed. Being wanted made me feel important. And as someone with little knowledge of what it's like to actually have someone want you with them..I could've drowned in her neediness for my company. I began to want her to want me. To need me. I knew that once she realized that she didn't need a skinny, pale, useless human being by her side she would leave me and forget about me.

I frowned and slowly tucked my arm under hers. I nervously mocked the way she curled on the bed, forming my own little forcefield around her with my body. I could feel her slow heartbeat and calm breathing.

She was asleep.

My eyes drifted down the back of her neck then back up to curly hair that created a path between her neck and head.

I was a creep. I knew I was a creep. But I was a creepy, stupid boy falling in love with the girl who saw him as some kind of perfect knight in shinning armor. The girl that once bullied him before because she saw him for what he was back then.

I slowly slid my hand down her waist and rested my hand there.

Her heart suddenly sped up. She flinched and held her breath. "Oliver?"

"I'm here,"I said with the deepest, softest voice I could give.

Her hand held mine and she tangled her fingers between my fingers.

I smiled, then I shut my eyes. My body sank into the mattress and I slowly fell asleep.