Chapter 53- Too Much To Lose

Harley P.O.V:

      After speaking to the officer. I decided to wait for Flynn's text. But it wasn't coming. The officer offered to take me to Oliver's home. "Really? You'll do that?,"I walked with him.

"I know the Crowley's from church. A very nice bunch." He opened the door for me then he got in.

We began to make our way down the street.

I stared out the window with shaking hands. I just wished I was in a coma again...unable to see any of it first hand. Poor Flynn was scared out of his mind and it was a surprise that he was able to save Oliver. I thought I would have to go in after him.

*  *  *

Flynn P.O.V:

   We watched Oliver get wheeled into the emergency room. Riley squeezed me as she wept. Her knees knocked together as she struggled to compose herself.

I held her and led her over to the waiting room. We sat down and did what the room was made for. We waited.

I quickly dialed my mother.

"Flynn?,"she answered expecting me to be in my room.

I wept. "Mom..."

*  *  *

Harley P.O.V:

    Officer Tucker and I got out of the car and walked towards Oliver's house. It was completely dark. Did they not care that he was missing?

    Tucker rang the door bell and we both waited.

A light turned on and then the door opened not too long after. A woman and man stood in pajamas. The woman's eyes grew when she saw the uniform.

"What..what's going on?,"she stuttered.

I looked at the man.

He furrowed his brows at me, seeing that I was covered in water.

"Mrs. Crowley-,"Officer tucker bowed his head.

"What happened to my boy?,"the man shouted. "Oh God, don't tell me,"he covered his mouth.

I began to cry and quickly turned around, walking over to the car. How did Flynn do it? How did he handle this? I couldn't look them in the eyes. They looked so broken hearted and they hadn't even gotten the whole story.

Oliver's father began to weep, but his mother rushed past me with keys in her hand.

She quickly got into a car.

"Dad,"I heard another voice and turned around. "What's going on?," Oliver's brother stood with a girl beside him.

"Oliver's in the hospital," Mr. Crowley shook his head and wept.

"Allister!,"Mrs. Crowley shouted. "We need to go! We need to go!"

"Watch your siblings, will you?" Mr. Crowley quickly ran over to the car. He got in.

I was about to ask them if I could come with them, but they quickly drove off.

The officer got back into his car and left.

I looked at Oliver's brother. He was weeping in the girl's arms.

I slowly walked over to them. "He's going to okay,"I said, unsure myself. 

They looked at me.

"I can tell you what happened."

*  *  *
Flynn P.O.V:

    A tall man and a short blonde woman rushed into the hospital.

"We're looking for our son,"the woman said with tears in her eyes. "He's..he almost drowned tonight."

Riley and I quickly looked at them.

Riley stood up. "Mrs. Crowley."

The woman turned to her. "What are doing here?,"she said through her teeth. "Did you push him to do this? You devil-"

"Honey,"Mr. Crowley, held her shoulders, "stop. This was all Oliver. Not her."

I followed Riley and made my way towards them walking past her. "I'm..I'm Flynn..I...,"I tried not to cry again.

They both stared at me.

"I tried to..."

"He saved Oliver,"Riley stepped foward. "Because we care about Oliver just as much as you do. Probably more."

Mrs. Crowley turned to her husband and began to weep. "My baby."

I looked at Riley.

She was making her way back to her seat.

I walked over to the Crowley's. "Oliver's my best friend...I tried my best to save him...Riley, tried her best- We've all been trying. Please...just for tonight-"

"Pray," Mr. Crowley nodded with pursed lips and wet eyes. "All we can do now is pray."

I nodded back then I turned to walk away.

"Flynn?,"Mrs. Crowley called out to me.

I turned to her.

She quickly hugged me. "Thank you."

*  *  *

Harley P.O.V:

   "How could he do this again?,"Oliver's brother Keith rubbed his head.

"Again?,"I adjusted the towel around my shoulders.

"Twice. This is his third attempt. First was the church...,"he froze. "I shouldn't...Has he ever told you about what happened?"

"Oliver isn't really that close to me..but...he's my boyfriend's best friend. The one that saved him?"

Keith nodded.

"Do you know why he did it?"

He bowed his head. "Oliver has always been an introverted kid. He blames being home schooled for that but I met my wife because I spoke to other people. Oliver's never really interacted with anyone else and when he does...he feels this pressure to fit in. That's why he's been bullied so much. He doesn't seem to be able to cope with disappointment-"

"What about his mom?"

Keith's eyes grew. He quickly looked down. "She's..a bit harsh with him- How do you know he's going to make it?"

"I just know." Why die with so much to lose?