Chapter 33- Overthink It

Oliver P.O.V:

     Flynn walked into the kitchen and I quickly poured my cup of vodka down the sink. Then I slammed it on the counter and stepped away, hurling and covering my mouth.

He walked over to me and grabbed a cup pouring himself a glass. He quickly shot it down. "You don't have to pretend you're not drinking. Because I know you are. You can't hide it."

I frowned then I grabbed another glass and drank it down. "So gross,"I said before I cleared my throat.

He chuckled and shook his head.

A girl approached me with a smile. She was pretty okay. Olive skin, brown hair. "Hi, could you pour me a glass?"

I nodded then I grabbed the bottle and poured the vodka into the top of the cup overflowing it.

She raised a brow then she put her hand on mine and sipped the cup.

I stared at her.

She took the glass and shook her head then she walked away.

"You know what your problem is?"

I looked at Flynn.

He had about seven empty cups on the counter beside him.

I stared at them with wide eyes.

"You can't keep it in your pants when you see a girl like Riley."

"What are you- what-"

"Light brown skin, dark hair. You like girls like that and you're so inexperienced-"

"I don't want a lecture, Flynn. Expecially from a drunk."

"We're both drunk."

"I'm not as drunk as you, that's for sure." I hurled again covering my mouth once more.

"Well,"he grabbed another glass. "At least I keep it in my pants and stomach."

I groaned before I leaned over the sink and puked out most of what I drank.

He chuckled and handed me another glass. "Getting drunk over a girl, just so she can argue with you about the fact that you're drunk."

I grabbed the glass. "You think this is about Riley?"

"Uh..obviously-"

"No Flynn. It's about you."

He froze.

"You're the first friend I've ever had. I've never trusted anyone, other than my parents, like I've trusted you. It hurts when the people you look up to treat you like crap and I've never been treated like crap. Call me spoilt..but you don't have to put me down the way you do. I'm learning from my mistakes. Don't make me being your friend one of them."

He stared at me, then he looked at his cup.

I looked at mine and quickly chugged it down. When I turned back, he was gone.

*   *   *

Harley P.O.V:

     I giggled with Riley as we danced. I wasn't dancing as close to her as she was to me, but she seemed to just get closer and closer.

   She turned around and pressed her back against me, putting my hands on her waist.

I knew her intentions were innocent but after being with Eva, something made me uncomfortable. I was about to pull away when someone did the job for me.

Flynn stubbled into the room, grabbing my arm and pulling me away from Eva. "I need to talk to you-"

"We need to talk alright, but we obviously can't do it here-"

"I'm tired of this."

I froze and my heart skipped a beat. "Tired of..tired of what-"

"This bullshit. What are you doing?"

"I don't..I don't know-"

"You're up here in New York and you're suddenly this church slash party girl who's bisexual?"

"What?,"I furrowed my brows. "No- I'm not any of those thing...I mean go to church but-"

"You're playing around with me Harley and I can't take it anymore. First it's Eva for months and then I'm hearing all of this and you're dancing with Riley in this..way-"

"Flynn,"I looked around, people were staring. "You're overthinking it. Calm down, alright? I'm not gay. You know why I did what I did with Eva and Riley and I were just dancing. I don't like girls at all-"

"Then stop playing around with people who do!"

I shook my head. "I don't understand what's going on with you...Wait..Are you drunk-"

"You think that playing around with your sexuality makes you cool but it doesn't! It just makes you hurt people who actually love you. How easy is it to just pretend to be something you're not? You did it for months. How do I know you're not doing it again?"

Tears filled my eyes. "I'm not-"

"Make up your mind, Harley. Will you be straight today or tomorrow because I can jump feelings too."

I shut my eyes. "I'm...so confused-" When I reopened them I froze.

Everyone held their breaths.

I looked at Riley. She looked pale.

I gulped. "Oh God-"