Chapter 36- Birthday Boy

Harley P.O.V:

     I held my bag at my side and walked down the Coney Island boardwalk. Flynn walked beside me still trying to win me back. I had been answering him with short answers and longs essays all morning. All I could think about was how odd he had been acting all weekend. He didn't want sex. After months of nothing.

    Oliver didn't seem comfortable around him either. He hadn't spoken to him all day and it was one in the afternoon.

He and Riley had been jumping on rides all morning and Oliver had filled a trash and toilet for each one. The things we do for love.

Flynn held my hand.

"I thought you said no physical contact,"I looked at him."

He shrugged. "I'm only holding your hand. It's nothing."

I frowned. "I am going to miss you. But there are things about us that..just don't feel the same anymore. We've both changed. What if..the next time we see each other we're two totally different people-"

"Harley, you're coming in a few days for thanksgiving. We haven't changed as much as you think we have and I doubt we'll get that different. Unless you decide to dye your hair blonde. Then we're definitely breaking up."

I giggled then punched his arm.

He smiled, then he kissed my forehead. "I love you."

I felt my eyes begin to burn. "I love you too,"the tears began to well up.

He stared at me, then his brows sank.

Riley ran over to us with a hot dog in her hand.

"Where's Oliver?,"I asked quickly wiping my cheek.

"Puking- But don't worry. I gave him breath spray. Listen, we need to get him something."

"As in a cake?"

"No. I mean...we can't carry the cake on the plane can we. We'll buy him one when we get back."

Oliver came walking down the board walk with a giant blue teddy bear.

"You won her that?,"I smiled at him.

"No,"Riley furrowed her brows. "I did. Really, Harley? A girl can't win a guy a bear?"

I shrugged. "I thought Oliver did something for once-"

"Hey,"Oliver shouted trying not to smile. He looked at Flynn and his trying became easier. He looked at him like he'd seen a monster. "I want a hotdog,"he turned around.

"You're vegetarian,"Riley shouted, following him.

"I don't care. What happens in New York stays in New York, remember?"

Flynn sulked. "Poor kid probably thinks I'm in love with him,"he chuckled.

"Then tell him you're not,"I tugged his arm.

"Nah, I like the quiet."

I shook my head and smirked. "Why are you so evil?"

"Says the girl who shared a picture of him puking blue cotton candy with his mom."

"She replied."

"Really? What did she say?"

"She was wondering what alcoholic beverage he drank that gave him blue vomit. She'll definitely hate you."

Flynn laughed. "I don't mind. It's nothing new."

I leaned my head up against his arm and smiled. The day could last forever.