Chapter 17- Amateur

Oliver P.O.V:

      I knocked on Danny's door biting my bottom lip nervously. I heard laughing.

The door opened and Danny stood in her pajamas with a smile. "Oh hey."

"Hi..Is Riley still here?"

Her smile faded. "Her..boyfriend came by about two hours ago and took her."

I raised my brows. "..He did?"

"Yeah. But they made up. He kissed her and hugged her and she told him that she forgave him."

"It was cute,"Danny's roommate shouted from behind the door.

"Yeah,"Danny agreed.

I gulped. "Do you know where his dorm is?"

"No, why?"

"I have to..go." I quickly rushed off.

*  *  *

"Flynn,"I unlocked our door and rushed in.

"What?,"he groaned rolling over on his bed.

"It's Riley. We need to go get her."

"Why? It's six in the morning."

"Wallis' took her."

He froze then he groaned. "Grab the pitchforks."

"I'm serious."

"I am too,"he sat up. "Kinda. I think you're over reacting a bit...,"he snorted. "Ovary acting, get it?"

I shook my head. "You said be stupid. So I'm being stupid. I'm going over to Hayden's to find out where Wallis' dorm is. Are you coming or not?"

Flynn titled his head and shut his eyes. "Not."

*  *  *

As I approached Hayden's dorm I noticed something off. The door was wide open.

Wallis stepped out with a sad look on his face. He glared at me then he started walking away.

The door began to close.

"Wait!,"I shouted.

It stopped. Riley peeped out from behind it. She stood in pajama shorts and a tank top.

I quickly walked over to her.

She wiped her cheeks then smiled. "Hi."

"Hi,"I stared at her. "What happened?"

"Do you wanna..come inside?"

"Sure." I nodded and followed her into the room. I shut the door behind my back. "Where's Hayden?"

"He stepped out when Wallis stepped in. Said he was going to see Flynn,"she sat on her bed. "You didn't run into him?"

I shook my head, slowly sitting beside her.

She stared at the floor then she started to speak. "I told Wallis that we are taking a break."

My heart sank. "Just a break?"

"I can't break up with him yet. I want to because... I can't stand him anymore but I don't know how to."

I wanted to ask her why I was sitting on her bed. I heard about the friend zone a lot and I knew I was the type of guy to be in it. But I promised myself I wasn't going to be in something so stupid. If she didn't want me, she didn't want me. If it was the other way around then I would be willing to give her a try.

"I'm going to break up with him when I'm no longer afraid to."

I furrowed my brows. "Why would you be afraid to break up with him?"