Chapter 23- Three Tickets and One Pukey Plane

Flynn P.O.V:

     I pulled my suitcases and struggled to keep my phone on my shoulder and my ear at the same time. "I love you too mom. And I'll definitely tell Harley hello for you....Yes mom. I know. Straight A's....Bye-"

Oliver quickly grabbed my phone. "Hi Flynn's mom, this is Oliver, Flynn's friend. I will take care of him and bring him back whole-"

I tried to grab my phone but he bat my hand away. "She's probably already hung up-"

"Sure Ms. Friday....Oh, I'll definitely hit him if I have to. You don't have to worry about that."

I rolled my eyes.

"....Okay...Bye." Oliver handed me my phone then he started walking away.

"Hey, aren't we supposed to wait for-"

"Me?,"Riley held her hand luggage on her shoulder and walked over to Oliver. "I've been here a while now. Who's suitcase do you think you're pulling."

I furrowed my brows and looked back at the pink suitcase Oliver had ordered me to grab when I was on the phone. I quickly let it go. "I'm not a slave. Come get your suitcase, Riley."

She groaned then she walked over to me and grabbed the handle. She squinted at me. "Black people have been oppressed-"

"Nope,"I cut her off. "Not gonna work."

"On our way back, I guarantee you, you will be pulling my suitcase."

"Believe what makes you happy."

She shook her head then smirked and walked away. She walked beside Oliver with a smile. Even though she made it clear that she wasn't ready to just into anything with him, they seemed to have gotten really close within our few days of waiting. Even though it was awkward between them, Riley seemed to treat Oliver like a close friend.

Oliver begged me to let her come, because he was worried that something would happen to her while we were going so I let him buy her a ticket. The funny thing is that she didn't even know about the flight to New York before the ticket was handed to her. And not so oddly enough she didn't want to come with us. I was the moron to beg her, since I knew that Oliver had wasted his money on her ticket

When we were boarding the plane, I witness a whole nother side of him. He was red and soaked in sweat. And his feet could barely move to enter the plane.

Riley had to lead him unto the plane like a child.

We got to our seats and were about to sit down when Oliver stopped us. "I'm supposed to sit by the window."

"Yeah..,"Riley nodded,"that's what it says on your-"

"I know that that's what it says but I can't sit there."

"...Okay,"I nodded slowly,"..I'll sit by the window." I slipped past him and sat down, tucking my bag under the seat.

He slowly sat beside me as if he was trying float on water.

"We're not in the air yet, Oliver,"Riley sat beside him. "Relax."

Oliver nodded. "I'll try...I mean, other than the fact that planes have disappeared and have crashed into buildings, I'm totally relaxed."

Riley looked at me with a glare and I laughed.

"Olive, sweety,"I rubbed his arm and spoke in my best Riley impression.

He looked at me.

"You'll get there before you can say I feel plane sick, okay?"

"But I already feel plane sick-"

"Are you mocking me, Flynn?,"Riley squinted at me.

"No,"I smirked to taunt her. "I'm doing your job. You should be comforting him."

"Why do I have to do that? Why can't you? Is it because I'm a woman?"

"No! It's because you're female,"I smiled.

She looked so confused. "What?"

"Do you want me to repeat myself?-"

"Women and females are the same thing."

"According to science they're not,"I lied.

"Wha- Well, according to me they are!"

We got so caught up in arguing that we hadn't noticed Oliver slip away.

He came back with a bunch of paper bags and four bottles of water. He sat down between us with a green face. "I think I'm going to be really, really...really sick.....Oh no,"he opened a bag and quickly leaned over.

The plane went quiet as everyone froze to listen to an airsick kid who wasn't even in the air yet.

Riley looked at me. "Oh good Lord."

*  *  *

We stepped out of the airport with our bags in our hands and no inspiration to speak.

Riley and I were the only ones who said a few words to each other but they were only awkward whispers about Oliver's first experience on the plane.

He walked like a tree moving in the wind, just moving like he was walking on water.

"Can't we just leave him in New York?,"I whispered to her. "I can't go through that again."

"You know we can't leave him here," she stared up at him. "I mean..he's Oliver,"she shrugged. And there it was. That look.

I smirked as I watched her stare at the back of his head. 

We heard a car horn going off and quickly turned to the sound. Zoe got out of the car and waved at us with a huge grin.

I waved back then I started pulling the luggage towards her.

Riley grabbed her bags then she looked to Oliver. "Flynn,"she hit my shoulder and pointed at him.

I turned to see him staring at the road.

"Is he okay?,"Zoe furrowed her brows.

"He's airsick,"I sighed. "Oliver? Buddy?"

He turned to me. Then he walked over to us. He smiled at Zoe. "Hi-"

Riley quickly covered his mouth. "You don't want to speak. Trust me when I say iron will melt." She helped him get into the car, then she got in with him.

Zoe stared at him then she smiled at me.

"What are you smiling about?"

"Nothing,"she shrugged.

"Oh goodness- Are you high?"

"No.. Flynn. How low have your expectations for me dropped?"

I shrugged. "I think everyone has tested my expectations today."

*  *  *

My heart pounded my chest as Zoe and I started making our way towards Harley dorm. We dropped Oliver and Riley off at a Hotel near the college. I knew Riley had a lot of work ahead of her that night with Oliver but I had to leave her. I wanted to be near my girlfriend.

Zoe started to unlock the door, and my stomach threw moths around like confetti. "Harley?"