Chapter 1

Emma's pov

We all just got back to the Underworld's version of the loft. It looks exactly like the one back in Storybrooke, just a little more run down.

Killian and I have been walking hand in hand ever since Regina completed our heart split.

I still can't believe we did it. We made it to the Underworld, found my deviously handsome pirate, and splitting my heart worked. He's alive again.

I can't stop smiling.

The man I love with all my heart is my true love. As cliché as it sounds, I think I knew all along. I mean I love him with everything that I am and everything I will ever be and I know he feels the same. Again cliché, but it's true.

Never in my life did I think I would have all this. Growing up an orphan and alone doesn't leave much room for hopes and dreams, it's all about survival. But like Anna told her sister Elsa, "surviving isn't the same thing as living."

Even though I knew that back then, I had no choice. I was on my own, abandoned by everyone who mattered to me.

The couple who adopted me as a baby put me back in the foster system when I was three because they were having their own baby and didn't need me anymore. Every foster home and orphanage I've ever been in has thrown me out. Neal left me pregnant with his child and in jail for his crimes because Pinocchio told him to.

Literally everyone.

I didn't begin to fully live until Henry showed up on my doorstep. I still can't believe it's been 5 years since then. When he said he was my biological son, who I gave up for adoption 10 years prior when I was in jail, not only did I not believe him, I didn't want to. I gave up my baby so he could have his best chance.

And then if that wasn't already a huge chunk of info to process, he told me he knew my parents, and that they were none other than Snow White and Prince Charming themselves and that they gave me up to protect me from the curse the Evil Queen had cast to take away everyone's happy endings and get revenge on my mother.

To say I didn't believe him is an understatement. Not only did it sound 100% insane, since I was a child, I was told over and over how my parents just left on the side of a freeway and didn't give a shit about me.

Oh how wrong I was to think that.

Henry also told me how the curse sent everyone from our land, the Enchanted Forest, to a small town in the middle of nowhere Maine, took away their memories of who they are and gave them false ones along with new names, and time was frozen. He informed me that since I'm the prophesized "Savior," that it's my job to break the curse and bring back everyone's happy ending.

I didn't believe any of that, until he ate the poisoned apple turnover that his adopted mother, Regina aka The Evil Queen, gave to me. I am still thanking God or whoever is up there that when I kissed his forehead goodbye, my magic/true love's kiss saved him. With that kiss, I also broke the curse and in an instant I had more family than I can count, literally.

I swear it's like the entire town is related in some way or another.

Later on I met my pirate, Killian Jones aka Captain Hook. When we met, we were enemies and he was just a villainous pirate who only cared about revenge. However over time as we began to fall in love, he changed from Captain Hook into Killian Jones and became a hero. He says it's all thanks to me. Our love showed him that there's more to live for than revenge.

When I really think about it, it sounds crazy. My true love is Captain freaking Hook. I don't care though because I love him and he loves me and that's all that matters.

He's alive, I'm alive, everyone's alive. Everything's going to be okay. All we have to do now is find a way out of this hell hole.

I take the time to gaze around at my family.

I know I'm still smiling because I can't help thinking about all that's happened over the past few years and what's to come in the future. Even though there's been crisis after crisis, I would not change a single moment because it led us to where we are now, happy and somewhat safe.

I suddenly snap myself out of my thoughts when I notice someone I care deeply about is missing.

"Where's Henry?"