Chapter 4

Emma's pov

I feel bad for Henry, seeing as his friend ran off. I would have liked to meet her. The way Henry talks about her, she's seems like a great person.

However, she is also mysterious.

This girl told Henry that she couldn't tell him her name and just to call her "Flower." Henry talked about her for so long last night. If he didn't have Violet up in Storybrooke waiting for him, I would have sworn he was in love.

I pull myself out of my thoughts because I'm helping Robin protect his unnamed baby girl. I still can't believe Zelena would just hand her over.

Maybe her baby has changed her like Henry changed me.

I see my dad coming down the road, but for some reason he looks different. Before I can process what's going on, he puts a magic restraining cuff on my wrist and demands we hand over the baby.

Right then I realized that this is not my father.

"Who are you?" I demand, stepping in front of a confused Robin Hood and his child.

"Well, Emma," he smirks, "I'm your uncle."

I'm in complete shock. I should have guessed it when he mistook the picture earlier. I simply thought it was the stress of everything going on.

"Well, you're not getting your hands on this child," I say with my usual confidence.

"Oh I wouldn't be too sure of that."

Cruella steps out from the woods.

"I'll handle this, Jimmy" she says, trying to be sexy as she kisses my uncle.

I can't help, but gag at the sight. My father's identical twin brother is having a make out session with Cruella de Vil.

Suddenly, she transports us to the docks. He pulls out a gun and aims it at me and Robin. Cruella uses her magic to transport the baby carrier to the top of a nearby box. I glance behind us to see the ocean.

Only it's not the ocean, it's the River of Lost Souls.

Great so we can either be shot or become "lost souls" for eternity.

"This is not the way to get what you want," I say, holding my hands out defensively in front of me.

"No," James says, acting confused, "well I'll get what I want either way so..."

James trails off as he takes a step forward and steadies the gun.

I feel all hope is lost until I see a girl about Henry's age on top of a pile of nearby cargo boxes and crates.

Flower's pov

When Hades' is through with me, he teleports me back to my shack. I don't care how long I'm stuck in this world; I will never call or even refer to this place as home. Mainly because it's not.

"Home isn't always a place, sometimes it's a person."

The quote echoes in my head. My best and only friend told me that when I was little. But like everyone else in my life, she left me.

I never knew how much of an impact she had made on my life until I was older. She's the whole reason I became a FBI profiler.

When I was a toddler, Cami would tell me stories. My favorite ones were of pirates and of the FBI. She would go into detail about how they travel all over just to help people.

Every once in a while some of the other kids would listen too. Cami was the only one who knew a lot about the FBI.

The older kids would snicker at her stories, saying things like, "if they are so great, then why are we here." She would always quip back with something like "they would help us if they knew."

That would make them shut up fast. They wouldn't bother her or anyone she stood up for. At least, not until after she died.

She was 15 and I was 3 when she put that gun to her head and pulled the trigger. I didn't understand why she did it until I turned 5. Living in a small town orphanage year after year puts its strain on you.

For Cami, it was just too much.

When I first came to the Underworld, I tried to find her. I searched everywhere for her, but I couldn't find her, Emily Prentiss, or Chris.

Thinking about them all at once makes it impossible for me to hold back my tears. I cry silently as I wash the dirt and blood off my skin. I use the water and look at myself in my makeshift mirror.

I honestly don't look too bad. I have a few new cuts and bruises, nothing I haven't gotten before. Hell, I don't even need stitches this time.

Maybe the heroes are more distracting to him than I originally thought.

When I finish caring for myself, I make myself stop crying and head to the docks. I notice that it's about noon when I leave my shack.

It doesn't surprise me that he would torture me off and on all night. He's done it before.

I bring myself out of the depressing thoughts as I continue to walk to the docks. When I was alive, I would turn to the ocean to soothe me. Maybe it was the pirate I still had left in me.

Sometimes I regret taking that offer Jack Sparrow made me. I will never forget the joy that filled me when he asked me if I "would like to go with [him] and start a new life." I had just been adopted by a couple and abandoned by them all in the same day.

The nice couple adopted me as an early birthday present for their own child. Apparently their 16 year old daughter had asked for a sister a few weeks prior. However when she saw me, she changed her mind and wanted a car instead. Their daughter disapproving of me, made them give me back.

To make things worse, that day was my 5th birthday.

I jumped on the Sparrow's offer and I was a crew member of the Black Pearl for almost 5 years, when Davy Jones appeared. Jack owed him his soul, but as always he found a way out of the deal. He gave Jones me and another crew member by the name of Will Turner in his place.

I shiver at the thought and the pain those memories bring up. That's what I hate most about the Underworld; you have all the time in the world to remember.

When I was alive, I busied myself with helping others that I didn't have time to think. Now all I do is get tortured: physically by Hades and mentally by memories. Good and bad memories hurt all the same here.

I finally reach the docks and begin to walk over to the rail.

I hear someone talking.

That's odd; no one ever comes here.

"This is not the way to get what you want."

What the hell is going on?

I begin to silently and skillfully climb up a pile of random cargo stuff.

"No, well I will get what I want either way so..."

Great, the wannabe king is at it again.

I get to the top of the boxes and see that the Prince has two people held at gunpoint while Cruella is playing cheerleader. One is a man with a short scruffy beard and the other is a woman with long blonde hair. Behind them I see the River of Lost Souls.

The agent in me quickly takes over as I jump onto the Prince.