Chapter 60

JJ's pov

"A WHAT?!" The BAU and I all scream.

The loud thuds get closer and louder.

"Great another crisis," Killian mumbles, as he and the rest of the Storybrooke gang gather their weapons and dash out the diner. I notice Chris grabs a sword which is no surprise to me.

After his girlfriend died, he learned how to swordfight so he could feel closer to her.

I quickly shake away my thoughts as I remind myself what's going on. A dwarf just yelled something about their being a prehistoric dinosaur on the loose. My team, and I are confused as hell, but we follow the band of real life Disney heroes.

We are all standing in the middle of the street. Standing in front of us is a humongous Tyrannosaurus Rex, who is at least three stories tall.

"Holy shit," Emily exclaims.

Snow White aims and shoots an arrow through her bow. It doesn't even break the skin.

Scara, Emma, and Regina all give each other a nod before they step forward from the group. The all put their hands up and start firing rays of magic at the beast.

I take notice of the fact that Regina's is a light purple, Emma's is an extremely light blue almost white, and Scara's is a light shade in between purple and blue.

The T-Rex somehow dodges every blast of magic, then roars loudly. It makes the buildings and ground shake.

"We need to keep it still," Emma states.

I see a light bulb appear over Scara's head.

Scara's pov

"Got it," I exclaim.

I quickly charge at the dinosaur.

"NO," I hear my family shout in fear, as I get closer to the T-Rex. He leans down and snaps at me, but I dodge the mouth by sliding under him. The dinosaur is looking around at the ground in confusion.

I take out my gun and shoot at the back of its head. It doesn't go through the skin, but the dinosaur stands straight up to roar in pain, perfect.

I take advantage of the moment and climb up the dinosaur's tail and back. It's like rock climbing.

I use my magic to make two identical sharp knives appear in my hands. I get to the T-Rex neck and jab them into each side, like handles. I use the knives to keep his head and body as steady as I can.

"FIRE," I yell to Emma and Regina.

"NO, YOU'LL GO DOWN WITH IT," my sister yells with tears forming in her eyes.

"NO I WON'T," I yell in response, "TRUST ME."

They reluctantly nod and turn their heads away as they blast magic at the beast. I use all my strength to keep it still. It lets out a horrifying screech as it slowly begins to fall back.

I look over my shoulder to see the ground getting closer and closer.

Snow's pov

We watch in horror, as the dinosaur falls backwards. Scara's going to be crushed between the T-Rex and the concrete. The beast falls dead with a loud thud then disappears in a cloud of black magic.

When it clears, I see my youngest daughter crouched down in a ready position. I race to her and hold her as tight as I can.

"I'm right here, Mom," she says softly.

"I thought we were going to lose you again."

"I know, but I wouldn't do that to you. I knew how to do this, and that I could pull it off."

"Please just be a little more careful."

"Promise."

I let go of Scara, and Chris quickly wraps her in a hug. I take a step back to give them a little space.

"I'm ok," Scara whispers to him.

"I know," he says, pulling back to gaze into her eyes with a love that burns brightly behind his eyes, "you scared the hell out of me."

"I think I scared everyone," she responds, looking to the rest of the group.

They all have looks of complete shock and relief on their faces, as they come over to us.

"You sure did, Flower."

Aww, so that's where that name came from. They are so freaking cute.

Scara's pov

I hug and reassure the rest of my family and friends. Then the jokes start up, again.

"So what were you saying about not doing crazy Jack Sparrow stuff?" Morgan jokes.

"If you think that was bad, you should have seen me as a pirate. Off the top of my head, I can think of four times I've used a cannon's backfire to launch myself onto a passing ship."

Killian looks intrigued at the information.

"Lass, I do believe you should give a demonstration sometime."

"Oh no," Emma demands lightly, "you be Captain Hook, and leave the crazy Jack Sparrow antics to someone else."

"Love, I didn't say I was going to try it," Killian says, trying to reason with her, "I just want to see how one would pull that off."

"Mhm, sure," Emma says unamused.

We all laugh lightly as we turn to head back into the diner. I hang back with Hotch so we can have our talk.