Chapter 32

Prentiss' pov

I really wish I didn't have to fake my death. I wish my team, including Scara, didn't have to think I was dead and gone. She died, thinking I was dead too.

What's really bad though is I didn't even know she died until I came back to catch Ian Doyle. I wasn't able to be at her funeral or say goodbye.

I snap out of my thoughts when the video from Rose's funeral begins to play. The first screen to show is Scara's FBI profile picture with the words

Scara Rose

May 20, 1998 - April 21, 2014

The next screen comes up as the song See You Again by Carrie Underwood begins to play.

"I remember that joke," JJ says.

"What joke?" Snow asks.

"When Scara sang, she sounded just like Carrie Underwood," Morgan points out, "and Pretty Boy Jr. here just like Brad Paisley."

"We heard her," Emma says, nodding her head and snuggling closer to Killian on the couch, "she had a beautiful voice."

"Because of it, she almost always sang her songs," Garcia adds in, "and Chris sings Brad Paisley mostly."

We all nod in sadness as we go back to watching the video in silence. I remember JJ saying they only had so many pictures of her from our own stuff, but when they were helping Chris pack up her stuff, they found an envelope filled with pictures and a box of videotapes.

Pictures of Rose's childhood in the orphanage pass by, most of them she's with another girl, but I don't know who.

I see tears fill JJ's eyes. Scara must have told her who that is.

The Carrie Underwood song fades out and a video comes up with the same girl in the pictures playing an old piano while a three year Scara sings You Are My Sunshine by Leah Andreone.

I glance over to see Rose's parents are sobbing quietly. I can only imagine what it would be like to get to know your own child after they have already passed.

The video ends and then the song I Still Miss You by Keith Anderson begins to play.

We see a few pictures of Scara in her foster homes. Then we get to the pictures of her life after she got her emancipation papers.

"Do you guys remember the look on her face when she got the emancipation papers?" I ask looking to my teammates.

"Oh she was happy," Hotch smiles, as we go back to watching in silence.

A newspaper headline pops up...

"12 year old girl recruited by the Behavioral Analysis Unit"

"She was only 12," Regina gasps.

"Only 12 year old, I know who could kick ass," Morgan quips, winking at her.

Regina makes a fireball in her hand, but Robin takes her other hand and calms her.

The song changes again and this time it's Gone Too Soon by Chris Daughtry.

I have no idea what it was with Scara Rose and country, but she loved it.

We see several pictures of her and us in the bullpen and when we were out in the field. There are also several short clips from the news that show Scara kicking down doors, saving people, arresting criminals, chasing suspects, and delivering profiles and press conferences.

My favorite ones though were the pictures of her and Chris. Their eyes would always sparkle when they saw the other, and she had a special smile she reserved only for him.

I see her family looking intently at the screen the whole time.

"She really was a good person," Belle says with tears in her eyes, as she gently bounces Snow and Charming's baby in her lap.

"She saved me and Robin," Emma points out, "when me and Scara's uncle had us trapped between his gun and the River of Souls."

The BAU team looks at her in shock. Did she just mention the River of Lost Souls?

"She also saved me," Henry says from beside me, "and then she took the punishments for saving us."

The profilers and Chris gaze at Henry with grieving looks in their eyes.

"Who would punish her for that?" JJ asks in disbelief.

"Hades," Killian exclaims with venom, dripping from his mouth.

"As in the son of Cronus and Rhea, Pluto, god of Underworld, and ruler of the dead," Reid rambles, "that Hades?"

Everyone beside the BAU and Chris stare at Reid for a hard moment in shock.

"It's just what he does," Morgan claims, rubbing Reid's head gently with his fist, "he's our genius in well, everything."

"I don't know everything," Reid says in defense.

"Oh really," I challenge, "then what is the..."

We all quickly turn our attention back to the video when a clip of Chris and Scara singing at karaoke night comes up.

JJ's pov

I look over at Chris who is on the couch. He has his face in his hands, but I can tell he has tears flowing.

This video was taken just before me and Reid were abducted which started this whole mess.

I skootch closer to the couch and gently take his hand squeezing it. He looks up in alarm, but relaxes when he sees it's just me. His eyes are on their way to being bloodshot and his face is stained with tears.

He just looks so broken.

He shouldn't be going through this. He's only 18, and he's been going through this for two years. Chris and Rose don't deserve this. They deserve to be together and grow up side by side and...

I'm cut off from my thoughts when a dark cloud of, I don't even know what the hell this is, surrounds all of us and takes us away.