Chapter 37

Chris' pov

We are silent as we follow the butterflies up the elevator, through the library, and into the middle of town. We all need a chance to think and process what just happened.

It's about 11:00, when we make it out of the caves. No one dares to speak until after we watch the last beautiful butterfly, fly into the night.

I feel a hand on my shoulder. I look to see both JJ and Emma standing there.

"How are you doing?" Emma asks through her tears.

I honestly don't know how to answer this question. I don't know if I'm alright or not. A part of me wants to just curl up into a ball and cry my eyes out, while the other part is glad that I finally got a chance to say goodbye.

"I'm okay," I answer and in a soft voice, "I think I needed it."

"You deserved to get to say goodbye," JJ says, "you both did."

JJ walks away as Emma steps up again.

"I just wanted to let you know, that I'm incredibly happy that my sister had someone like you in her life."

"I'm just glad I was able to be a part of it," I reply, as we both follow the group back to my place.

Scara's pov

I'm floating. I don't know exactly where I'm going, but I know I'm going up.

Suddenly, my feet hit the floor. I look around to see what looks like Greek architecture surrounding the hall I'm in. Both ends of the hall lead back into the white light, as well as on the outside of statues.

"Hello Scara," a voice says from behind me.

I quickly turn around to see a man in ancient robes and special armor.

"Who are you?" I ask, taking a step closer, "What do you want?"

"I want to thank you," he says, "because of you something very important has been done. Those above have finally destroyed the, misguided, god of death, my brother, Hades."

"Zeus," I realize.

"Indeed," Zeus says as he comes up to me, "and I'm here to escort you onward."

He stands in front of me and places a hand on my shoulder.

"Are you ready?"

I nod my head a bit reluctantly.

"I am."

"Then it's time to take you to where you belong," Zeus says, leading me down the hallway and then letting me go.

I continue walking down the hall. I stop for a moment to glance over my shoulder. I really wish I had a chance to truly live with my family and friends.

I turn back to my destination and walk into the bright, consuming white light.

David's pov

I am really beating myself up over what happened to my youngest daughter. I should have been there for her. I should have been there to protect her. Instead my daughter was murdered by a Psychopath.

We are walking back to Chris' place. I'm happy that Scara had Chris to take care of her. The protective father in me is a little upset, but she really needed someone she could open up to, and she found that.

We are all walking down Main Street, my twisted family tree and the FBI agents.

The team of agents is taking all this new information a lot better than I thought they would. Then again, they just saw their dead friend help send her killer to hell.