Chapter 64

Snow's pov

Charming and I sit straight up in bed when we hear the front door fly open. We give each other a nervous look as we silently get out of bed. We hear the person try to close the door quietly then race up the stairs toward Scara's room.

Our faces become more panicked as we silently grab our weapons and race up the stairs. The sight we walk in on both warms and breaks my heart at the same time.

My daughter's boyfriend is holding onto my daughter as she cries her heart out. She's clinging onto him as he whispers in her ear and rubs her back soothingly. It seems to be calming her down.

I'm glad my daughter had someone like him in her life before she had us. She had her team too, but it's obvious he helped her more in situations like this than they did.

I can hear her sobs quiet down and Chris pulls away to wipe away her tears. They have a hushed conversation that I can't quite make out. Chris asks Scara a question and she nods as a few more tears slip down her cheeks.

"It was the day I died, but it wasn't just that. In the end, I wasn't the one who died. It was you."

I feel tears spring to my eyes as I see my daughter break down and sob onto Chris' chest again. I hate to see my children so upset, especially when I don't know how to help. Scara told us what happened, but I don't know what she's thinking or feeling.

Chris has gone through the same thing she has, and he loves her. He can help her more than we can.

Scara visibly relaxes in his arms and he presses a gentle kiss on her head. After a few moments, a light bulb suddenly appears over Chris' head.

"I'll be right back," he says with a smile as he gets up.

Charming and I quickly hide behind the small wall and peak around, as Chris goes over to Scara's bag on the floor and pull out a cylinder shaped thing wrapped in cloth and a small Ziploc bag.

He walks over to the nightstand and prepares something with his back to us. Scara just gives him a very confused look as he works. When he finishes, he crawls back on the bed and holds my daughter again.

I have to cover my mouth to silence my gasp. There's a lit candle sitting on the nightstand.

"What's that for?" Scara asks.

"Well, my Flower, I'm going to tell you a story. Once upon a time, before you or your sister was born, Snow White was woken up from a sleeping curse the Evil Queen placed on her by a kiss of true love from her Prince Charming. What neither of them knew was that a side effect of sleeping curses is terrible nightmares. The princess woke up in the middle of the night with a particularly bad one. Her prince took a candle and lit it beside her bed and told her how the light chases away the nightmares."

How in the world does he know this? Maybe Henry or Emma told him. They go back to whispering until Chris kisses her forehead again and gently gets her to lie down in the bed.

"Try to get some sleep," he tells her lovingly.

"Please stay," she says in a small voice that I almost didn't hear, but I did.

He nods and lies down on the other side of the bed. She lays her head on his chest as he holds her tight.

"It's ok. I'm not going anywhere," he whispers.

Scara's soft giggle fills the room.

"Aren't I supposed to be telling you that?"

"It goes both ways at this point. Goodnight, my angel."

"Goodnight, my prince."

I am nearly in tears as I watch the beautiful scene play out. Words can never express how happy I am for the young couple.

They may be just kids, but they share a love that most adults will never find.

I turn to my husband and see his face looks similar to mine.

"If you had a single doubt about this guy," I whisper softly, "that should have cleared it up."

"Well, I will always be protective," Charming whispers back, leading me away from the door and down the stairs with a smile on his face, "but I do feel just as comfortable with him being with her as I do with Hook and Emma."

"His name is Killian," I remind him.

"Right. But I still feel that Chris cares as much about Scara as Killian does about Emma. So they both have about as much approval as I can give to any man dating my daughter."

"That's all I wanted to hear," I say, locking the front door and crawling into bed to snuggle beside my true love.