Chapter 29

Snow's pov

He stops singing and we all back up a few steps so we don't freak him out as much.

"Hey Chris," Henry greets.

The boy jumps up and turns around in surprise, but his dark brown eyes relax when he sees Henry.

Chris' pov

I finish singing Everything to Me by Brad Paisley. I love that song simply because it reminds me of her. Pretty much everything is right, except for the part of the girl being tipsy from one glass of wine.

She can drink anyone I know under the table, and be perfectly fine afterward.

However, there's that one line that I just can't ever get myself to say without my voice breaking.

She's the one that I'd lay down my own life for.

I can say the part about the growing old together. I cry because it won't ever happen, but I can say it.

I just miss her so much. I still blame myself for what happened. I should be dead, not her. She doesn't deserve it. She never did. There were times that she felt she did, but I was always there to help her through it.

Some people would have moved on by now, but I just can't. To say she's the love of my life is an understatement. I love her so much that it hurts, especially now.

"Hey Chris," a voice says from behind me.

I stand up and turn around so fast, my slightly grown out hair gives me whiplash.

I see Henry standing there with a dark haired woman, a blonde woman, a dark haired man with a hook, and a brown haired man with a young toddler in his arms.

"Henry, you scared me," I say in relief, "where have you been? You haven't been at the school in like a week."

"Sorry it was kind of a last minute thing, but I went to the Underworld."

What the hell?

"Like the land of the dead?"

"Yeah, we had to get Killian back."

I see the dark haired man nervously scratch behind his ear. The blonde woman wraps her arm around his waist to comfort him. He gazes down at her and smiles.

God I miss having someone to do that with.

"And found something," Henry starts, "or rather someone."

I furrow my eyebrow as Henry pulls something out of his backpack.

It's my jeans jacket. I haven't seen that jacket in forever. Not since...

Oh my God.

"You found her?" I breathe softly.

"Yeah," Henry says, "And we found out something."

"What?"

"Can we go someplace we can talk?" the blonde woman interrupts, "it's a lot to explain."

"Uh sure," I gesture for them to follow me, "come on inside."

I lead them through the garage door and into the kitchen, so we can all sit at the table. If the house hadn't come with all the furniture, I wouldn't have chosen to have 6 chairs.

It's practically a reminder of what I lost, my entire family.

Everyone sits at my simple rectangle shaped table. When everyone is somewhat settled, I gather my courage to speak.

"What did you find out?"

"I'll tell you, but first meet my grandparents, Mary Margaret Blanchard and David Nolan, or Snow White and Prince Charming," Henry says, gesturing to the dark haired woman and brown haired man.

I politely shake both of their hands.

You would think that I would consider meeting fairytale characters as weird and even insane, but I've lived in Storybrooke for a year and a half now and have survived a curse that the Snow Queen cast, the Queens of Darkness, and a brand new dark one.

I definitely believe now.

"And this is my mom, Emma Swan."

"Savior," I exclaim as we shake hands. I can't help but notice that her eyes look very similar to Scara's.

"And this is my mom's boyfriend, Killian Jones."

"Former Captain Hook, am I right?" I ask as I shake his good hand.

"Aye," he says with a smile.

"Chris, Snow White and Prince Charming are Scara's parents."

I feel my jaw hit the floor, hard.

I don't even know what to say. Garcia and I helped Scara look for her parents, and we couldn't find them. Them being in Storybrooke would explain why the search went cold, but still.

"You...you're her parents?"

They look to me with sad smiles on their faces and they nod.

"So you talked to her, how is she?"

"She went to Heaven," the Savior says as tears flow from her eyes.

Killian reaches over to wipe away her tears as I retreat to my thoughts. She's okay. She's in a better place now.

I know I should be happier than I am, but now it feels like now she's truly gone.

"I'm glad she's made it to where she was always meant to be."

"Us too," Emma states, "I'm Scara's sister by the way."

What Emma says brings a smile to my face. I got the privilege of knowing some of my love's deepest and most private information.

One of them is how she always wished she have a sister to be there with her, always. She had someone when she was little that was like a sister to her, but she killed herself when Scara was three.

Scara was watching when she pulled the trigger.

"I have no idea if Rose told you this or not, but she has wanted a sister for a very long time."

"I know, and I have also wanted a sister since, well, forever."

I can see her parent's tear up.

"So Henry you must be Scara's nephew then," I point out, trying to bring some happiness to the conversation.

"Loud and proud," he claims, "she also mentioned how she worked for the FBI."

"She did," I say with confidence, "Scara Rose was one of the BAU's best."

"Scara Angel Rose," David says, not lifting his gaze from the table.

"What?"

"We were upset because we didn't get to name her," Snow explains, gazing up from the table, "so she told us how she was waiting for her parents to give her a middle name, so we did."

"It's beautiful," I say, trying my hardest to keep my tears in, "and fitting."

I had always dreamed I would be there with Scara when she met her parents for the first time. To be able to a part of the moment she has waited for her entire life. She even thought she didn't deserve at times.

"I almost forgot," Henry says, handing me my jacket.

I pull my jacket close to me. Even though it's not up against my face, I can smell the familiar smell of Scara's lavender mixed with my mint.

Scara always smelled like lavender, no matter what, and I always smell like mint.

It's my favorite combination in the whole world.

"Look in the pocket," Henry adds.

I gaze at Henry in confusion then reach into one of the pockets. Sure enough there is a folded piece of paper inside. I carefully take it out and begin to read it.