Chapter 47

Emma's pov

For only being 17, my sister seems to do her job better than most adults could.

Even though she's been doing it for 3 years, not counting the two years she spent in the Underworld, you would think she would still be a step behind everyone else, but she's not.

Instead she's actually a step ahead.

She and Agent Morgan have just finished checking out the second crashed car and are now walking inside the police station.

We really need to renovate the Sheriff's Station. I've noticed it from time to time, but seeing another town's law enforcement office makes me really see it.

Hell, our computers were out of date when the dark curse was cast, and that was 33 years ago.

Scara speed walks in a way that doesn't bring alarm to the other officers, but also gets her to the conference room faster. As soon as she opens the door, Chris turns around and she nearly knocks him down.

It takes me a minute to figure out why she would do that. We watched every moment she spent working and she didn't seem weird at all.

Then it suddenly hits me.

This is the first time they have been apart for a decent time length.

I can't imagine what Scara and Chris went through. I nearly went crazy when I was separated from Killian for only a couple days. They were separated for a couple of years.

They hug for a good long moment and just enjoy each other. Everyone else looks a tad confused, but Morgan gives them a look that says 'leave it alone.' They all nod and give them their moment.

When they finally break apart, they begin to get back to work.

"Based on the crash site," Scara begins, "the victim's car was forced off the road by an 18 wheeler, and was then knocked out and drug back to the unsub's vehicle."

"Both families had contact with the victim's before they were abducted," Jarreau states, "in both cases the victims called them around midnight saying 'they were just leaving and were on their way home'."

"The coroner also identified the wood in both victims' necks as Sumatran pine," Prentiss points out.

"Sumatran pine trees don't grow above the equator, nor can they be grown in a controlled environment," Reid states.

"The wood would have to be imported," Rossi realizes, as Hotch gets out his phone.

We hear Garcia's phone ring only once before she answers it while looking at the screen.

"I knew you were going to call. You wanna know how? Because I see all and know all."

Almost everyone in the room rolls their eyes.

"Don't roll your eyes at me."

Everyone looks around in surprise, until realization hits their faces. They must have forgotten about the potion.

"Hi guys," Scara says to us, even though she can't see us.

Garcia takes off her Bluetooth speaker off so that we're on speaker.

"Hey, Scara," Mom says, "how are you doing?"

"Feeling the stress of the job again," Scara sighs, as everyone in the BAU chuckles lightly.

"Hey Baby Girl," Morgan says, drawing their attention back to the case, "we need that beautiful brain of yours."

"Alright," she says going to her computers, "shoot."

"Look up any police reports that occurred along Route 6 that involved truck drivers over the past 6 months," Morgan says.

"Ok, uhm, 54. What else?"

"The victims got on the road at around midnight, so narrow it down to around midnight to 3 am."

"Garcia, cross reference it to those who have ordered Sumatran pine wood," Reid also points out."

"Alright and that brings us to," Garcia says typing away. Her main computer has a screen that says 'no matches,' "nothing."

"Garcia, go back over the past three years," Scara says, "we could be looking at an old event with a recent stressor."

"Alright, Angel," Garcia says with a smile. We all look through the screen and see a small smile appear on my sister's face.

"Bingo," Garcia says, brightly while dramatically clicking a button, "Meet Hayden Grubbs."

Garcia reads further into his background, as everyone in the conference room looks down at their iPads. Her face suddenly grows dark.

"Oh no."

"Garcia, what is it?" Agent Prentiss asks, leaning closer "how bad was the wreck?"

"It wasn't a car crash," Garcia says, close to tears, "it was a child abduction."

Everyone in the BAU room looks at each other.

"Grubbs and his 6 year old daughter Skylar were coming home late one night from Skylar's talent show along Route 6. According to the father's statement, he stopped at a rest stop. He didn't want to wake his daughter, so he left her in his 18 wheeler. When he came back 5 minutes later, the window was broken and she was gone."

Officer Adams rushes into the conference room.

"We just got a report of a man in his early 30s by the name of Jeff Collins was abducted from in front of his house."

"Well that's new," Prentiss states, as we all get up.

"He's evolving," Rossi points out, "we need to move fast."

"Garcia, address," Hotch says as we head to the SUV's.

"Already sent."