Chapter 11

-Lost memories-

Mary-Margaret's pov

I'm just about to leave my classroom after school, when I get a text from the mayor.

"Meet me in my office ASAP. We need to talk."

As I walk to Town Hall, I wonder why Madame Mayor would want to see me. We're definitely not friends, she doesn't even like me. I also haven't done anything illegal.

Oh, it's probably about my student's test scores. They've been struggling recently on the lesson.

As I enter Regina's office, I notice I'm twice as tense as I was when I left the school.

It gets even worse when I see Regina.

"Miss Blanchard," she begins as she organizes paperwork, "we need to discuss your teaching performance."

Regina gazes up at me. As soon as her hazel eyes met my green ones, she drops the papers in her hands and stares at me in disbelief.

"What?" I ask.

I'm sure my discomfort and fear is showing.

"Why are your eyes sparkling?" she asks, standing up.

"Regina, I think that's the first compliment you've ever given me."

"I'm not complimenting you," she points out harshly, "but if I didn't know any better I would swear that..."

I can't hear the last part of her statement because she mumbles it to herself. Regina pauses then looks at me in shock.

"Did you meet someone?" she asks in disbelief.

I did actually. A few nights ago while I was finishing up my rounds at the hospital, the coma guy spontaneously woke up. The only nurse on duty was passed out at the nurse's station.

Thank God we don't have any seriously injured patients here.

I checked to make sure he was ok and then we just talked. He told his name was David, but that's all he knew. We talked about anything and everything all night and into the early hours of the morning. To say we hit it off is an understatement.

Our last hour got a little heated, if you know what I mean. About an hour after that, he fell back into his comatose state.

I felt so ashamed about the fact that I slept with a man I just met. Not to mention the fact that he had amnesia and had just woken up from a coma!

I can't and won't tell anyone what I did.

"Yeah" I say sheepishly. I carefully chose my words. "His name's David."

Regina's pov

No it can't be. He's in a coma. But that twinkle in her eyes. I've only seen it a handful of times before, but they've all had one thing in common.

"Anything's possible," Rumpelstiltskin's words pop into my mind.

I know he remembers his past. I can tell when he talks. There's severe irony in almost every single thing he says to me and everyone else.

This gives me an idea. I'm going to steal her newfound happiness, again.

I reach down into my bottom drawer and swiftly unlock it. I keep all my magic I brought with me in there.

I should really move these to my vault.

I reach down and pick up two empty memory rocks and a special potion.

The potion gives you magical abilities for about a minute after activating it.

I stash one rock in my pocket to use on the Prince later, and I keep the other one hidden in the palm of my hand. In the other hand, I have the potion in a generic bottle.

"How did you know?" Snow White asks me, confused as hell.

"Well," I declare, walking around my desk, "that twinkle in your eyes is a look only certain people get."

As I approach the bitch that ruined my life, I see she is still confused. I open my hand to reveal the precious purple rock.

"You're pregnant."

Before she can even begin to process the news, I throw most of the potion on her stomach and pour the rest on my hands. Normally I would only need half the bottle, but I'm going to need a double dose for what I'm about to do.

I use magic to knock the woman out. Then I begin to extract the embryo, speed up its development to just after birth, and send the newborn baby through a portal to who knows where.

I might be evil, but I would never hurt, much less kill a baby.

This potion isn't very easy to control, so I have no idea where the baby was sent to. Just that it's away from Storybrooke.

I see the light purple glow fade from my hands.

Snow begins to stir slightly, so I quickly take her memories of David, their night, and most importantly her baby.

When Snow is fully awake I speak again.

"To recap, Mrs. Blanchard," I begin improvising, "make sure you're available for tutoring and corrections before school tomorrow. Otherwise I'll have a talk with the school board about your employment."

She nods in fear and runs off, oblivious to what all just took place.

A sudden thought crosses my mind.

What if they break the curse, and use a truth serum on me.

I get a sudden idea that involves none other than Rumpelstiltskin himself.

I get a briefcase and stash all my magic into it so I can discreetly transport it to my safe. I make sure I have the unused memory rock in my pocket.

Before I have a talk with Mr. Gold, I'll stop at the hospital to steal the Prince's memories.

I head out in a rush to complete my errands.