Chapter 27

Snow's pov

She's gone. My little girl who I've only had for three days has gone onto a better place.

I know I should feel happier than I do, but I miss her. She walked across the bridge only 10 minutes ago and I already miss her more than anything.

We are back at the loft, packing up what little we brought with us. I didn't bring anything besides my bow so I'm sitting on the couch. I'm alone until Charming comes in and wraps his arms around me.

"I know, Snow," he says sadly, "I miss her too."

"It's only been ten minutes. I can't imagine how we're going to get through this."

"Actually," Emma says, walking down the stairs after helping Henry, "she's been gone for 11 minutes and 3 seconds."

Emma walks over and plops down on the couch next to us.

"I'm sorry, Emma," I tell my daughter, "I know how close you two were."

"It's crazy how close we got. I only knew her for a few days, but it felt like a lifetime. We were so close it was like we grew up and did everything together, but we didn't."

"A sister's bond," Rumple says, walking into the room, "pretty powerful magic there."

Emma nods, as she tilts her head back to keep the tears in.

"Hey Henry," Regina says as the rest of my family enters the living area, "did you read the note Scara gave you?"

"Nope," Henry says, pulling out the letter from his jeans pocket, "and I won't."

"Good," Regina says, "I imagine Chris wouldn't be too happy if you had."

"Regina," I ask, "Have you met Chris?"

"Yeah, once at Granny's, I found him and Henry there. After we were introduced he suddenly had to leave. Have you?"

"No, he was too old for my class."

"I offered to introduce you all," Henry points out, "but Chris knew that you would most likely take him in, so to speak, and he wasn't ready for that."

"We get it," Emma says, putting a motherly hand on his shoulder, "but it's time he met us. We can help him grieve and he could probably help us too. He did know her longer than us."

Henry nods as Regina grabs the magic potion from the table.

"This potion will open a portal, but it will only stay open for about 15 seconds so we need to go fast. Is everyone ready?"

We all reluctantly nod our heads and grab hold of the people closest to us. Robin grabs onto Regina and Henry, Emma links arms with Hook, Belle links hands with Rumple, and I latch onto my prince.

Regina throws the potion bottle against the door. It shatters and a portal appears. Rumple and Belle walk in first followed by Zelena and her baby. Then Robin, Regina, and Henry walk through.

Emma hesitates to go through the portal, so Killian holds her a little tighter. Emma looks up into his eyes and they both smile. Together they disappear into the portal.

Only Charming and I are left.

I look to my husband and give him a small sad smile.

"I hate it has to be like this," I state.

"So do I," Charming responds, "but we'll get through this. But right now, it's time to go."

I nod and we walk through the portal just before it closes.

Emma's pov

When we go through the portal, we show up in the loft, the real one.

"Well that was..." Regina starts.

"I can think of a whole list of words to complete that sentence," I reply.

"I think heart breaking would be at the top of that list," Mom replies.

"I know, Mom," I lament, "but we need to find Chris."

"I think your son would also like to see you," Belle points out.

"Let's get our son," Dad says, turning to Mom, "then we find the man our daughter loved."

"Loves," I add, "even if she's dead, she still loves him."

My parents nod to me with sad smiles, and then we all set off.

Zelena, Belle, Rumple, Robin and his baby, and Regina leave to go do whatever it is they all do on a daily basis. Mom, Dad, Henry, Killian and I head over to the Blue Fairy's church to retrieve my brother.

We walk in and Mother Superior leads us to the nursery and over to the crib where my brother lay, gurgling and happy. My mother picks up Neal, and I see tears flow down her cheeks.

Snow's pov

As I look down at my son, I feel tears spring to my eyes. My little angel never got to meet her own brother.

She never will.

He will grow up with only one of his two sisters.

I will not let him ever forget her though. My family and I are going to tell him stories of how his sister saved us from Hades and all the good she did in her life.

She will not be forgotten by any of us.

"Hey there Neal," I whisper to my baby, "I just wanted to let you know that your sister Scara wished she could be here with you, but she was needed in Heaven."

My little boy gazes up to me with his beautiful eyes.

"'Cawa?"

My baby just said his first word, and it was Scara's name. He's a baby so he can't say it completely, but it still counts.

I look up to see my family all has tears in their eyes. Emma slowly comes up to me and stretches out her arms. I place her two year old brother in her arms.

"Emmy," Neal gurgles happily.

"Yeah Neal," Emma says with a tearful smile, "I'm Emmy. You had another sister named Scara, and she loves you so much."

Neal giggles happily, and points to my mom.

"Momma?" Neal asks.

My heart does backflips when I hear that.

"Yes Neal that's our momma," Emma laughs and points to my husband, "and that's our dada."

"Dada," Neal says, stretching his arms out.

Charming laughs at his son as he takes him in his arms.

"I think we should go find Chris," Henry says, feeling his pocket.