Chapter 62

Scara's pov

I feel tears spring to my eyes. I quickly pull them into a hug, gently because of my brother in their arms.

"I would love to. I just need to get a few things from Chris' place."

They both smile brightly and nod their heads. Chris and I say goodbye, grab our used 'go-bags,' and begin to walk to Chris' place.

"I probably should've thought twice before I agreed to stay with them. I'm gonna miss you."

Chris wraps his free arm around my shoulders and holds me close.

"I'm gonna miss you too, but it will be ok. This means a lot to your parents, and if you need anything I'm only a phone call away."

I smile and nod as we enter Chris' home. I go and empty my bag and put some clothes and other necessities in my bag. Mostly everything is in the boxes but I have to get my shampoo and conditioner from the bathroom.

When I'm finished, I see Chris waiting for me. I go over and take his hand. He leads us outside and back towards town.

"You didn't have to walk me," I point out.

"I know," Chris states with a smile, "but I wanted to. Besides that, I'm pretty sure you don't know your way to the loft."

"While that's probably somewhat true, I do have an idea of where it's at. The Underworld is modeled almost exactly like Storybrooke."

Chris raises his eyebrows in temporary shock then wraps an arm around my shoulders. I wrap my arm around his waist and lean my head on his shoulder.

I decide now is as good of a time as any to ask the question that's been eating away at me since the dinosaur incident.

When we were quickly preparing for our battle, Chris grabbed a sword. Based on the way he was holding and carrying it, he was used to it.

"So what was with you and that sword?"

He slows his walk till we stop completely. I pick myself up off of him and glance over his face. He has a soft smile on his face as he gazes at me with nothing but love in his eyes.

"After you died, I was desperate to feel closer to you. I didn't want to feel like I had lost you completely. Going through your pirate things gave me the idea. I learned how to use a sword and practiced every day to feel closer to you."

I feel tears spring to my eyes at his confession. I immediately drop my bag and bring Chris into a tight, protective hug.

I know traditionally it's the guy who always comforts the girl, but to hell with tradition. If my love is upset, I'm going to comfort him in any way I can.

I know we are both making progress because I don't cry and I don't feel tears on my shirt, so he's not crying either.

I pull back and pull him into a short, soft, kiss.

"I'm right here, and I'm not leaving you alone again."

"Same here, Flower."

I smile as we exchange another short kiss again. When we pull back, we get back into our previous positions and continue our walk. Chris guides me to the loft and up the steps to the wooden green door.

I turn to face Chris, and he instantly plants a kiss on my lips. My lips instantly kiss him back. The kiss is so strong and full of passion, I lose feeling in my knees. We pull apart when we can no longer breathe, and settle for just pressing our foreheads together.

"Just call if you need anything," he says breathlessly.

"I will," I say as the door opens.

We pull apart rather quickly and look towards the door. My mom is standing there with a sleeping baby Neal in her arms.

"You two might wanna be a little quieter next time," Mom whispers with a grin, "your father just might commit murder."

We both blush as I say goodbye and goodnight to my boyfriend and walk inside. Mom says the same and then shuts the door.

"Give me one moment."

Mom goes and puts Neal in his crib. I softly smile at the sight.

"Alright, right up here," Mom says, gesturing and walking up the stairs, "Regina used some of her magic to make a bathroom, closet, and more space up here."

I nod as we get to the top of the stairs. There are two beds, the twin sized one is in the corner hidden from the main area by a bookcase and a queen sized one more in the center of the room. Off to the side are a small closet and a bathroom with a shower.

I feel tears coming to my eyes at the sight in front of me. This is another family moment I've always wanted, seeing my new room in my new home for the first time.

I know it's silly, but it's one of those signs of love that I never got as a child.

My mother sees my tears and pulls me into a strong hug.

"Thank you," I say, pulling away after a moment.

"Of course, sweetie. You deserve this; you're a part of this family."

I nod with a watery smile, as my mom kisses my forehead. I hear someone walking up the stairs. We turn around and see my father with a huge smile on his face. He kisses my forehead also, while cradling the back of my head.

Goodnight, sweetheart," my parents say together.

"Goodnight, guys," I say. I watch as they leave, and then I look around briefly. I set my bag on the bed and sit next to it, just taking in the moment.

I pull out my bag of gummy worms from my pocket and put them on the nightstand. I then pull out my clothes and bathroom stuff and go take a shower.

I only vaguely see my scars before I turn my back to the mirror.

I take a quick shower and quickly put a soft long sleeve shirt and Nike shorts on and walk out of the bathroom.

I sit on the bed and brush my hair as I check my phone messages. I only have one text message and it's from Chris. I finish brushing and read the text.

Chris: I miss you already, but we're going to get through this. Goodnight, my flower.

I smile at the text and type my response.

Me: I miss you too, Babe. Goodnight, my love.

I drop a gummy worm into my mouth, plug in my phone and crawl into bed. I'm not nearly as comfortable as I am with Chris by my side, but the bed is pretty soft.

In a matter of minutes, I'm fast asleep.