Chapter 61

Scara's pov

"You wanted to talk?" Hotch asks me.

"Yes, I'm assuming y'all are heading back tomorrow."

"Yes, that's the plan."

"We need to have a discussion about me and the BAU."

Hotch nods so I continue.

"I loved, love, my job. Hunting serial killers alongside the team is one of the things I couldn't see myself not doing, but that was before all this."

"I understand," Hotch says sympathetically, "when you were all getting ready to fight, Killian mumbled something about this being another crisis. They need you here, and really you need them too. You never admitted it, but I could see that meeting your parents was something you always dreamt of."

"Thank you," I say with a sad smile, "if there was a way I could do both, I would."

"I might be able to help with that."

We both look startled at Regina who is standing about 10 feet away from us with everyone else.

"I have looked into a theory that I believe could work."

Regina waves her hand and we are all transported to the town line.

"I got Belle to help dig up some books on the Warrior's magic. Basically since you're to work side by side with the Savior, you magic is just as strong, but with a twist. You can do certain things that the Savior can't and vice versa. One big difference is that you can transport yourself into a part of a land that doesn't have magic. All you need to do is test it."

"Just as simple as that?"

"Yes."

I look uneasily at the town line. After a moment I wave my hand and feel a cloud of magic surround me.

If only I had known I could do that the entire time I was in the Underworld.

When the magic clears out, I see that I can no longer see my family. It worked; I'm on the other side of the town line. I try to use my magic to get back, but I remember that it doesn't work the other way around. My phone rings and I pick it up.

"Hey, it's Emma. It worked, we're about to throw you the scroll."

"Ok."

We both hang up, and I see the scroll thrown across the town line. I pick it up and walk back across the line.

"You never answered my question about the scroll," I tell my sister, as I start rereading the scroll, "About why it directly mentions you."

"You can read that?" Henry asks, curiously looking over my shoulder, "what does it say?"

I begin to read the scroll to the group.

I have traveled the world near and far

My search knows no bounds

My obsession will not leave me

My search will continue to the ends of the earth

One thing I know for sure

The name of the savior is Emma

The savior shall be my sister

The family must be complete

I hand the scroll to Henry, who just looks at it in awe. I turn my gaze to my sister.

"Basically, the Snow Queen had this thing where she wanted me and her niece to become her new sisters and be a family."

I just nod. I know better than to question these things. It'd probably result in an hour long story.

"As I was saying," Regina says, "your magic can get from Storybrooke to anywhere in the world. I can create a potion by morning that can allow you to use your magic in a certain room to get back."

"The BAU conference room would probably be best for that," JJ says, "we already close the blinds whenever we get a case."

The rest of the BAU nods in agreement.

Regina transports us back to Granny's.

"I'll put the finishing touches on the potion and give it to you before you leave," Regina says, as she and Robin say their goodbyes and leave.

"Guess that leaves you with us, kid," Emma says, wrapping her arm around Henry's shoulders.

"Sounds great," he says with a smile.

"Alright goodnight everyone," Killian says, leading Emma and Henry out of the diner.

"Goodnight," we all chime back.

"Well now that that's all settled," I say, turning back to Hotch, "I would like to do both. Live here and work for the BAU. I just need to be able to stay home when there's a crisis or whatever."

"Of course," Hotch says with a smile, "I'll have a talk with the new director, modified of course, about your return. Our cases are typically more spread out now than before, so you'll also have time in between cases to relax."

I smile and nod as the BAU all shares a happy little moment.

I'm coming back to the FBI, for real.

The BAU all officially welcome me back to the team before saying goodnight and heading back up to their rooms for one last night.

Now only Mom, Dad, baby Neal, Chris and I are in the diner. Well, this scene looks familiar.

"You don't have to do this," my Mom starts softly with a grin, "but while you were gone, we fixed up your room at the loft."