Chapter 15

Scara's pov

"So the former Evil Queen, who is Henry's adopted mother and technically me and Emma's step grandmother, threw me in a portal and took your memories." I ask my mom.

We are all sitting at the docks in a circle. My family has just given me what I think is just the basis behind our family history including why they're in the Underworld to begin with, and what happened to me.

"Yep, pretty much," my mom says laughing with my father.

When we first sat down to have this conversation, I was beyond nervous, but that was two hours ago. Now my family and I have hit it off.

It's not quite what me and my team shared, at least not yet, but it's enough to make me feel at ease.

My dad says a joke that makes everyone laugh.

I laugh full heartedly.

For what feels like the first time in ages, I am surrounded by people who care about me more than I can comprehend.

Suddenly I notice a tingling sensation in my hands. I look down to see they are glowing a very light shade of a purplish blue color.

"Your magic," my sister exclaims as she takes my hand, making the color fade, "it looks like it's been activated."

I guess my nervousness is showing because my sister takes my other hand as well.

"It's emotion driven," she explains "You think and feel to get it to work or get it to stop."

She lets go of my hands so that I can try to get it to stop on my own. As soon as she lets go of my hands, they start glowing again and this time spark also.

I close my eyes and think about my sister and my parents. The way they looked at me when they knew I was there's. I also think about Chris and my team at Quantico.

I open my eyes to see my hands are back to normal.

My sister smiles as she stands up.

"We should head back it's getting late."

Everyone stands up to head back. I grab my guitar and begin to get ready to head back to my place.

They're my family, but do they really want to get to know me? I'm dead, so what's the point of getting attached.

As I turn around, I see my sister has her hand held out to me. I furrow my eyes back at her.

She simply signals me to take it. When I do, my parents and nephew turn to walk. We follow them, but stay a few feet back.

Soon Emma lets go of my hand.

"Sorry if I made you uncomfortable," Emma apologizes quickly, "I just wanted to make sure you knew you could come back with us."

"You're fine," I quickly reassure her, "honestly I didn't until you did that. I guess it's been a while since I've done the whole family thing."

"So you found a family?"

"Yeah I did," I say, smiling to myself.

Happy thoughts race through my mind, until I remember why I'm here.

"But I lost them."

"But you found happiness," Emma points out, "and it gave you a reason to hate death."

I never thought of it that way. I glance to my sister with a smile.

"Thanks."

"Really I should be the one thanking you," she points out, gazing back at me, "you did save my life about 7 hours ago."

I laugh at my forgetfulness, "I had actually forgotten about that."

"Well I haven't, Miss Chuck Norris," she jokes.

We both laugh.

Snow's pov

My heart warms up when I hear my two children laughing behind us. They've only officially known each other for a few hours, but they act like it's been a lifetime.

We finally get back to the loft and see everyone. Rumple and Belle left shortly after their visit so it's just our family. They look like they've just been sitting around waiting for us.

"You Charmings take forever," Regina sighs loudly.

"Well we were bringing our daughter up to speed," I say with pride, "everyone this is Scara, our youngest daughter."

Scara's pov

Even though I had calmed down over the last two hours, all my nerves returned as I entered the apartment. I still haven't met my entire family, and apparently because of the complexity of my new family tree, I might never meet them all.

"Everyone this is Scara, our youngest daughter," my mom says smiling.

I set down my guitar by the door as the first person comes up to me. He's a man dressed in mostly leather and has a hook in place of his left hand.

"Killian Jones, it's a pleasure," he says with an accent, as he reaches out his good hand.

"And to you," I respond politely.

Emma told me all about them two. That they're true love and all, and that they all came down here to get him back.

The other two people come up to me next. Their hands are intertwined and the dark haired woman has darting eyes and a single bead of sweat going down her face.

She's slightly nervous, but is trying her hardest to cover it up, I decide.

"Hi, I'm Regina Mills and this is Robin Hood," she says, introducing herself and her partner.

"Oh," I remember, "so you're my step grandmother."

Everyone does their best to contain their laughter, until Killian busts out laughing. Then everyone is laughing.

"Shut up, Captain Guyliner."

"Captain?" I question.

"Yes," he explains, sadly holding up his hook, "Captain Hook, I was a pirate for many years until I met Emma. She changed me."

By now they are holding hands and staring into each other's eyes. It doesn't take a profiler to tell they are madly in love.

I have found my new OTP.

"Are you sure it was entirely Emma?" Charming questions "or, you know, me telling you my daughter wasn't going to be with a dirty pirate?"

"Maybe," Killian replies, "but to be fair even after I changed, you still didn't fully trust me."

"Well besides the fact that you were dating my daughter," David says, continuing the joke, "you were a pirate that...did pirate things...for a good part of your life."

This information does nothing, but raises red flags for me.

They just met me and things are going great. If they found out I was a pirate for like 6 years, I'll lose that.

I can't tell them at least until I prove to them that I'm not like that anymore. In fact, if we were in a courtroom, I could argue how I only acted as a pirate to gain my fellow crew's trust. However I don't believe blaming my actions on things like that to ever be the right answer.

I just have to wait for the right moment to bring it up.